Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1444
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Going to shoot my guns today. Middle of nowhere much?

https://goo.gl/maps/OUE0W

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Cooked proper meals for the first time in over a week. Stuffed bell peppers for tonight and leftover stuffing for 2 more. 8 harboiled eggs for whatever(fuck they are so not worth the hassle), and a bunch of chicken thighs for lunches. Hopefully my cod steaks will be thawed by tomorrow.

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my self out of the house for a bit to have lunch with someone at a nearby Vietnamese restaurant. It's the first time I've been out of the house for any sort of actual socialization in a long time.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I haven't done it yet, but I plan to have a good day.

I have a co-worker that is very quiet. He doesn't really socialize with anyone at work. He does his job and is cordial, but you don't see him converse a lot about just random stuff.

But every morning, I pass him and say, "Are we going to have a good day?" And he emphatically says, "Yes!" I wish I had his positive attitude.

So I'm going to think like my co-worker and believe today will be an awesome day.

It's raining. My cat is still barely eating and surviving. My house is a wreck because the kittens have been busy destroying it. And I will be alone on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

But that's all good because it's part of life. There's ups and downs. That's what makes us human.

Today I choose to have an "up" day no matter what happens.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    I haven't done it yet, but I plan to have a good day.

I have a co-worker that is very quiet. He doesn't really socialize with anyone at work. He does his job and is cordial, but you don't see him converse a lot about just random stuff.

But every morning, I pass him and say, "Are we going to have a good day?" And he emphatically says, "Yes!" I wish I had his positive attitude.

So I'm going to think like my co-worker and believe today will be an awesome day.

It's raining. My cat is still barely eating and surviving. My house is a wreck because the kittens have been busy destroying it. And I will be alone on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

But that's all good because it's part of life. There's ups and downs. That's what makes us human.

Today I choose to have an "up" day no matter what happens.
    Christmas koala hugs for Cindy!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Koalafan View Post
    Christmas koala hugs for Cindy!!
    Today was ok. I came home though and realized I had to put Gumbeaux to sleep.

He's living in heaven now so it's ok.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I managed to go up to a teacher and ask her if she would write a recommendation for a scholarship I'm doing and she said yes. Whew.
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Gets lots of sleep
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Weaning myself off Lexapro because I hate it and doing more to cope with my anxiety with yoga, deep breathing, and progressive muscle relaxation (yay apps!).

I forgot to submit an essay for Counseling Techniques but I'm not freaking out about it. I'm doing awesome with my role plays in that class and I feel awesome.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I actually went, got some work done, and didn't call in sick like I really wanted to.

Glad I didn't call in sick. Half the team was off and it actually did me good.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I physically bought the new Fall Out Boy album - I think I am going to do this more often

Also

I took on a new project at work and am hosting a Valentine's Day Ball in the hospital - I am excited for this
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    I physically bought the new Fall Out Boy album - I think I am going to do this more often

Also

I took on a new project at work and am hosting a Valentine's Day Ball in the hospital - I am excited for this
    Wow! That's awesome.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I came to a realization yesterday about having compassion even for predators and people who have hurt me.

A hawk swooped down and carried off one of my cats years ago where I used to live. The cat was black and white and hawks hunt skunks.

There's lots of hawks here because I live practically in the woods of the country.

So I strung up string and cd's across my yard which is supposed to discourage hawks from swooping down. It's been working because they see the cd reflections and veer away from my yard. So I can safely take my cats out in the backyard with me. I have 3 who are black and white and 4 kittens that could be easily carried off.

Friday, I found a hawk on the ground. He was injured but I couldn't see in what way. He didn't look shot (guys in the back) because there was no blood. I figured he must have swooped down and hit a string. I felt really bad.

I couldn't get animal control, wildlife people, the local college or anybody to come help him.

That night, I covered his body with a blanket and built him a shelter because it was supposed to rain. I cried because I knew he was in pain.

Saturday morning, he was dead.

Even though I don't trust hawks and will protect my cats, I felt compassion for the hurt hawk. It made me realize that I also need to have compassion for those who hurt me. I don't have to trust them. But it's not ok to be happy when they hurt.

So I will practice not being so angry with the shooters behind me. I'm still getting them charged so they have consequences, but I will drop the anger. I'll also drop the anger towards my ex-supervisor.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    I came to a realization yesterday about having compassion even for predators and people who have hurt me.

A hawk swooped down and carried off one of my cats years ago where I used to live. The cat was black and white and hawks hunt skunks.

There's lots of hawks here because I live practically in the woods of the country.

So I strung up string and cd's across my yard which is supposed to discourage hawks from swooping down. It's been working because they see the cd reflections and veer away from my yard. So I can safely take my cats out in the backyard with me. I have 3 who are black and white and 4 kittens that could be easily carried off.

Friday, I found a hawk on the ground. He was injured but I couldn't see in what way. He didn't look shot (guys in the back) because there was no blood. I figured he must have swooped down and hit a string. I felt really bad.

I couldn't get animal control, wildlife people, the local college or anybody to come help him.

That night, I covered his body with a blanket and built him a shelter because it was supposed to rain. I cried because I knew he was in pain.

Saturday morning, he was dead.

Even though I don't trust hawks and will protect my cats, I felt compassion for the hurt hawk. It made me realize that I also need to have compassion for those who hurt me. I don't have to trust them. But it's not ok to be happy when they hurt.

So I will practice not being so angry with the shooters behind me. I'm still getting them charged so they have consequences, but I will drop the anger. I'll also drop the anger towards my ex-supervisor.
    Wow Cindy, that's a really moving story. Reminds me of church (in a good way!) . You're so wise to be able to the connect the experience with the hawk to the situation with your neighbors.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a tasty breakfast.

Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.