Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went to school with a guy named Nick...are there people named Nick in the UK given what it means there?
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    I went to school with a guy named Nick...are there people named Nick in the UK given what it means there?
    Yup. Does it not mean to steal something then in the US as well? Weird.

The word "Spunk" seems to mean something completley different in the US than it means here as well.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think spunk means sperm in the United States. What does it mean in the UK?
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    I think spunk means sperm in the United States. What does it mean in the UK?
    Ha ha, does it? Oh okay. Pretty much the same thing. Just I was watching some reality TV crap the other night and there was americans on there who said something about finding the special spunk (wasn't in the meaning of sperm) and it just confused me.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Ha ha, does it? Oh okay. Pretty much the same thing. Just I was watching some reality TV crap the other night and there was americans on there who said something about finding the special spunk (wasn't in the meaning of sperm) and it just confused me.
    Bahahahaha. Well, maybe there really was something special about said spunk.

And in the spirit of randomness: Cat on a Roomba in a shark costume chases a duck.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Yup. Does it not mean to steal something then in the US as well? Weird.

The word "Spunk" seems to mean something completley different in the US than it means here as well.
    In my day, "spunk" meant you had a lot of bravery, backbone, spirit. Maybe the slang definition of sperm got connected to the word just like "he or she has balls" was connected to bravery. Not being sexist, but in archaic times it was the men who were connected to bravery and the women as the ones needing protection.

I was just wondering if that's how the slang term of spunk and balls got connected.

btw.............Don't anyone rev up on a sexist war here because I brought up men and women, please! Just referring to archaic chivalry times. Thanks!
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote sanspants View Post
    Bahahahaha. Well, maybe there really was something special about said spunk.

And in the spirit of randomness: Cat on a Roomba in a shark costume chases a duck.

Hilarious! I've often seen cats riding on roombas. Funny, they don't cooperate with anything else in life, but they will ride a roomba. Maybe they are warm when running.............and well they vibrate...............ok, I'm going to stop talking now.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have my first cat(that sounds funny) I found it in the middle of a road. It was just a kitten. Anyways, I can vouche for cats not cooperating. It gets in my room when I'm sleeping at night and it wakes me up. My dog sleeps all night(and all day)
    I don't get a signature.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.