Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
    Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Re-watched Fight Club recently. I enjoy that movie and I need to get around to reading the novel at some point.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last night I watched Cirque Du Soleils -Worlds Away -I wanted so much to like this movie,but mostly found it annoying. Perhaps it's the sort of thing that's more enjoyable in person,or maybe I'm just not sophisticated enough for this sort of thing?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dredd — I felt they handled the relatively low budget pretty well; some people might take issue with the fact that pretty much the entire movie takes place in one location but I didn't and felt it was a smart way to keep filming costs down that works well within the context of the fiction. It's a pretty violent movie with some affectionately grotesque CGI gore shots in there. I'm not familiar with the comics at all, but I'm sure that this movie is far more true to the source material than Judge Dredd from 1995 with Sylvester Stallone was—a movie which I find to be a "it's so bad it's good" guilty pleasure to a degree. Oh, and kudos to Karl Urban for wearing a helmet for the entire movie as I bet that was never even a remote option when Stallone signed on to do the old one. Overall, I thought this one was a pretty alright dumb action movie.

The Expendables 2
    — Well, it's certainly dumb, and there's definitely some action; although, oddly, not as much as one might expect from it. I get what Stallone and his creepily vascular HGH muscles are trying to go for with this series, I just don't think he's pulling it off that competently. The one liners are bad even within the context of a movie that's emulating 80's and early 90's action flicks and there are one too many cameos by old action movie stars that are more awkward than they are nostalgic. Also, holy shit, Stallone, put a little extra money into the budget for some better CGI; Dredd had better special effects with half the budget. This movie has the same poorly composited CGI bullet holes and blood spurts that the 2008 Rambo did, and it goes one step further by having a laughably bad looking CGI tank getting disabled. If you're going to forgo good old fashion squibs in favor of CGI blood, at least do it well. I think the first Expendables better captures what these movies are supposed to be capturing and I would hope they do a better job with Expendables 3, but that being said I still didn't necessarily regret spending the time to watch this one.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon — It was midnight and apparently I was feeling a bit masochistic, so despite knowing full well what horrors to expect I decided to watch this. God damn you, Michael Bay, I hate you with every fiber of my being.

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Artist... I decided to watch it on a whim, and was pleasantly surprised.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    The Heat, I loved it.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Dredd...absolutely loved it

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The Producers (DVD)
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A bunch of stop-motion animated short films from Robert Morgan. Macabre and surrealistic.

His YouTube channel featuring a few of them, from which I've embedded one below: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMorga...ow=grid&view=0

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Battle Royal...such an epic movie

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The lifeguard, its got a bit of a weird concept but it's a good movie!
    I also watched grown ups 2, that was pretty funny!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smashed (2012) - 8/10

worthy movie, also.. best sex scene ever! "ccoommmeeee oonnnn cchhaarrlliiee!!!!!" xP

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

So funny

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BEFORE MIDNIGHT
    5/10

I have been waiting for this movie for a long time and I had really high expectations for this. Being the third in the trilogy I can't fault Before Sunrise. Before Sunset is also great, at times it waffles on with pretentious pseudo-intellectual nonsense and the older I get the less I am impressed by this but regardless the ending of Before Sunset is perfection. Anyone that asks me of my favourite ending to any movie, this at least has an enthusiastic mention.
    Then there was Before Midnight, I really do feel that this installment feels like the writer had not evolved at all between Before Sunset and Before Midnight. More of that 20 something pseudo-intellectual BS at the group lunch, then Celine in the hotel acting like an immature teenager putting words into Jesse's mouth, highly frustrating. To say the ending was underwhelming....wel. Simply just weak, weak oh so very weak.
    I have slept on these thoughts and they are still the same if not more so. I don't see myself rewatching Before Midnight anytime soon.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Bad Santa

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.