Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    He does make a good point, in that this thread is unnecessary.

I get tired of talking about SAS. I actually want to pretend that forum doesn't exist. It's a cesspool of terrible personalities and terrible people. All of the good people are migrating over here, if they know about it...the rest remain in the cesspool.
    Yeah, I know. If you look at the place today, it's not the same place that I signed up to in the first place. I presume I'm one of the people that he's referring. Did I give him a "hard time"? No. I replied to a blog post he made and told him he needed to let it go, and we had some sort of conversation on that blog post. If he was pissed, he should have said something then, not left it until I comment on another thread that another user has made and end up with some sort of comment insinuating that I am some sort of hypocrite.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    guuuyyyyyyyyyssssssss

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Ventura View Post
    guuuyyyyyyyyyssssssss
    That's why I love it here.

I'm going to try that with my teens, Ventura. That was great and brought a smile to my face this morning.

If you want to know the difference between the two boards, look at Ventura's post above.

I also wanted to add something. Both boards are made up of roughly the same people. I've seen the people act totally different on each board. I wonder if it is because we make the effort to apologize, to be civil, to care about one another here.

Just my two cents.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Yeah, I know. If you look at the place today, it's not the same place that I signed up to in the first place. I presume I'm one of the people that he's referring. Did I give him a "hard time"? No. I replied to a blog post he made and told him he needed to let it go, and we had some sort of conversation on that blog post. If he was pissed, he should have said something then, not left it until I comment on another thread that another user has made and end up with some sort of comment insinuating that I am some sort of hypocrite.
    Well, that's his flaw. But that doesn't make him a bad person.

I think part of the reason that I was so actively disliked on SAS was because I refused to see other people's POV. I would just talk over people, and people didn't like that. I can't help it, I have a strong personality on the internet. It's the polar opposite of my usual personality IRL, which is shy and withdrawn and insecure.

I think a lot of people have insecurity issues, and feel the same way I feel, which is that they can be a social butterfly over the internet. Throwing insecurity and confidence in a weird mix, along with "anything goes", and you're bound to have people biting their heads off.

This place is better, because we have understanding mods, though. SAS was terrible, because people who didn't care about our well being took over, and even were part of the admin team. That's not what someone with a mental illness needs. Even my therapist told me to get off of there.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    That's why I love it here.

I'm going to try that with my teens, Ventura. That was great and brought a smile to my face this morning.

If you want to know the difference between the two boards, look at Ventura's post above.
    Okay, yeah, fair does.

Sorry, I just have a suspicion that I'm one of the people that Whiteman means, and I just feel that is comment was kinda unfair. But, I'll let it go.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Okay, yeah, fair does.

Sorry, I just have a suspicion that I'm one of the people that Whiteman means, and I just feel that is comment was kinda unfair. But, I'll let it go.
    Well, I'm glad you're here. Who else understands all the weirdness of my comments?

You brought me cookies on my test thread.

Sorry for the derailment. ............

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I'm glad you're here. Who else understands all the weirdness of my comments?

You brought me cookies on my test thread.

Sorry for the derailment. ............
    Nothing weird about your comments, chant. You are your worst critic.

*hugs*

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    Nothing weird about your comments, chant. You are your worst critic.

*hugs*
    Thanks.

Ok. Now I'm done derailing the thread. Sorry guys.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    (((more hugs)))

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wasn't thinking about you or anyone in particular. I just thought it was funny that some of the same people who criticized me for talking about SAS were talking about SAS-lol.
    I don't get a signature.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Koala hugs all around

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote takethebiscuit View Post
    SAS is trolled on a regular basis by women haters and people whose intention is to upset people, bully people and make other people feel as bad as they feel.

I see no evidence that the mods on SAS receive any support from admin which makes policing the trolls hard. It's not just a few trolls over on SAS. There are communities of trolls who actively and deliberately attack SAS on a regular basis.

Only women haters? No man haters?

I would strongly advise members of this site to be very careful on SAS and not take any "odd" replies that they might get to their posts seriously. Should you feel you are being trolled on SAS, let their admins and mods know and, if necessary, leave SAS.

It annoys me that people who need support for their efforts to overcome their anxiety are instead getting this trolling crap on SAS.
    It's only women haters?
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    It's only women haters?
    Yeah. SAS was trolled by a site called puahate (which is a group of men who hate women). They targeted SAS many times. Does it mean their was only women haters? No. But that group he's talking about linked SAS to target women. Other type of trolls were on their (which have been on and off the site for yrs...) It was hard to stop and being such a big forum...

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't know that. Why did they target SAS of all places.

I asked because there seem to be women on that site who hate men, nearly every post they write has something to do with hating men and they never get banned. Whereas men seem to get infractions for writing things that aren't even really sexist. For example, I got an infraction for saying every journal you ever read will have two things a mean and a standard deviation, cosmo won't but cosmo isn't a scientific journal and I got an infraction for that,(even though it's true) and I can think of several men who have been equal rights advocates who have been banned, but I can't think of a single women who hates men who has been banned. For example, I was called a pathetic individual by one woman and she wasn't banned. Another woman actually made fun of me because I have SA and she wasn't banned, even though the site is a SA suport site? There were multiple instances of women telling men they never get laid, on an SA support site, and they were never banned.
    I thought the moderation was biased. One gender could say anything they wanted to about the other gender and the other gender couldn't defend themselves, but that was my experience.

I know there were many men on that site who said negative things about women, but everyone of them seemed to get banned.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    ^ Some of them we were able to prove they were puahate trolls (etc,the posted on a thread on the site about how they were trolling x thread and "see how long it took for moderators to realize it). So, was SAS moderation harsh on gender "bashing" for a bit, yes. But it was because new users were joining very dodgy comments.

I was called a pathetic individual by one woman and she wasn't banned. Another woman actually made fun of me because I have SA and she wasn't banned, even though the site is a SA suport site? There were multiple instances of women telling men they never get laid, on an SA support site, and they were never banned.
    Again, this wouldn't happen here. I'm sorry that happened, though =/

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.