Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok, now that I've figured out my new schedule, I'm fasting MWF and working out TR mornings before class. I will have to wake up at 5 every single day, but it's going to be worth it. I hope I can keep it up.

Quote Keddy View Post
    In the past 4 or 5 weeks, I have lost 10 pounds!!!
    I now weigh about 160. Only 10 more to go!!! My jeans are way looser!
    As horribly irritating as this diet truly is, I'm feeling much better about myself. I've been keeping up with the exercise too. Yay!
    Way to go!! That is a LOT of weight in that amount of time!

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote QuietCalamity View Post
    Way to go!! That is a LOT of weight in that amount of time!
    Thanks! LOL if someone had said to me a few months ago, "Keddy, you're going to lose ten pounds in a month," I probably would have laughed in their face. Now I've done it and I feel much better about myself.
    I'll give myself six weeks to lose the other ten and then I'll be at my ideal weight! No more stomach fat!
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Keddy View Post
    Thanks! LOL if someone had said to me a few months ago, "Keddy, you're going to lose ten pounds in a month," I probably would have laughed in their face. Now I've done it and I feel much better about myself.
    I'll give myself six weeks to lose the other ten and then I'll be at my ideal weight! No more stomach fat!
    That's impressive, Keddy! Must have been a huge self-esteem booster.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't think I was doing well with my diet but I've lost two pounds already. I should probably not have bought those cupcakes though. Dammit, Two Broke Girls!

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Started C25K recently, just finished week 2, day 2. This fatty hasn't lost any more weight yet though.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I gained 3lbs?? What. I haven't made time to exercise, but I've been following my diet. This used to be so easy! Uuggghh I will never lose weight by graduation. Then my mom is going to see me and make snide comments about carbs the whole weekend. Plus I won't feel good in any of the photos.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trying to be more self-disciplined starting this week. Would like to hit 130 pounds by the end of next month. That's almost 10 pounds. I know it could be done without starving myself. I hope this goes well.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Never seen this thread before, but last year I was at 230 and made it my quest to get below 200. I did better than I expected. Today I weigh 179, with a healthy BMI. Took me about 9 months to lose these 50 pounds, though.
    “When you stop blaming others for where you are in life, that is when you can start to manifest your dream life!”
    ― Stephen Richards

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So I weighed myself this morning and...
    Well, all that dieting and exercise really paid off! It turns out that I really did reach my goal after all, and even a pound more than I thought I would lose!
    I now weigh 149, which is considered "normal" and "average" for my height!! I am no longer overweight!!
    To give you an idea, here is a "Before and After" picture:
    beforeandafter.jpg
    In the "before" pic, I was probably in the lower 160s and in the "after" one I'm 149

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You look great Keddy, nice work
    “When you stop blaming others for where you are in life, that is when you can start to manifest your dream life!”
    ― Stephen Richards

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Trendsetter View Post
    You look great Keddy, nice work
    Thank you!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice job, everyone I'm super jealous

I gained 40+ lbs in the span of two years, dealing with all of this bs. Stress/emotional eating has certainly been one of my coping skills.

It's so frustrating to me, too, because my family is largely obese and I worked really hard to get down to a health weight. Plus, I exercised regularly, and guess what? I felt incredible. I looked nice, I received a lot of compliments, my children were proud of me, and I felt unbelievably good, physically. Gaining most of the weight back that I'd lost was like the worst betrayal against myself. There are days when I still think, how could you let this happen?

But somedays, and this might sound bizarre, the taste of something sugary or warm and fluffy is about the only good thing that's happened that entire day. I know food shouldn't be a crutch, and where I once had iron self-control, I have hardly any now. I also know my body responds to food 80% vs exercise 20% when it comes to weight loss, but I have yet to spend more than one day eating properly.

I've lost about 15 of the 47 I gained, and have maintained that on and off for the last couple of months. But I really need to lose the rest of this weight, as my clothes are all too small for me. I don't go out anywhere where I have to "dress" because nothing fits me anymore. I wear my cardio crop pants and t-shirts, ALL THE TIME. And pajamas.

The weight gain has been one of the most devastating aspects of this, personally for me. So much is tied into a person's self-esteem. Gaining all this weight back has really shaken my confidence.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sitting around 160lbs now, down from 235. Still fat as [BEEP] in my chest, stomach, and thighs, but I guess it's better than nothing. Been eating like [BEEP] lately though, probably gonna jump back up to 165ish. Mmmmm MGD though.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I started a diet yesterday. This is really aggravating my stress levels. I just want to cry and eat cookies and hate myself for being a fat failure.

Day TWO.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote QuietCalamity View Post
    I started a diet yesterday. This is really aggravating my stress levels. I just want to cry and eat cookies and hate myself for being a fat failure.

Day TWO.
    The first few weeks are always the hardest. Once you get in the rhythm of things your body should be much more content with it "starving". I had to start again as I gained a few pounds and today was especially hard since we had free breakfast at work today. So many pastries. I made it through without touching them though! If I can do it, you definitely can!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.