View Poll Results: Are you pro-choice, pro-life, or you don't care?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro-life

4 13.79%
  • Pro-choice

24 82.76%
  • Don't Care

1 3.45%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote meeps View Post
    And I kind of doubt there would be enough people wanting to adopt versus number of kids if abortion was no longer an option.
    Yeah most seem to want their own kids related by blood rather than adopting.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote WineKitty View Post
    I refuse to vote with such limited options. I won't be pinned down as "pro-choice" because I am not "FOR" abortions (and really is anyone?). But I won't be labeled a "Pro-Life" either. I don't think they should be illegal and forced into an underground black market. I do support free birth control and sterilizations for those wanting it. The attack on Planned Parenthood not all that long ago by the right was ridiculous as they provide so many other services, including low cost to free birth control, the number one way to PREVENT abortions. I think if people are truly concerned about lowering the abortion rate then perhaps supporting programs that have education, free birth control and such is a better approach then making it illegal. Making something illegal never works. It's been proven over and over and over. If a woman opts to have an abortion, she should have proper medical care and a private matter between her and her physician. This mandatory sonogram crap some states are coming up with is just stupid.
    Yeah pretty much. I cant understand the fight against birth control in some places.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WineKitty View Post
    I refuse to vote with such limited options. I won't be pinned down as "pro-choice" because I am not "FOR" abortions (and really is anyone?). But I won't be labeled a "Pro-Life" either. I don't think they should be illegal and forced into an underground black market. I do support free birth control and sterilizations for those wanting it. The attack on Planned Parenthood not all that long ago by the right was ridiculous as they provide so many other services, including low cost to free birth control, the number one way to PREVENT abortions. I think if people are truly concerned about lowering the abortion rate then perhaps supporting programs that have education, free birth control and such is a better approach then making it illegal. Making something illegal never works. It's been proven over and over and over. If a woman opts to have an abortion, she should have proper medical care and a private matter between her and her physician. This mandatory sonogram crap some states are coming up with is just stupid.
    I agree with this but would still classify myself as pro-choice. I support there being an option for women to have an abortion if she ever needed to make that decision. I don't think anyone classifies abortions as a positive thing, and the idea that women are just casually getting abortions like it's no big deal is a ridiculous falsehood made by the right. I know in alot of cases it's emotionally traumatizing for women to get one.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret"

Natey's Avatar Fightin' For Freedom
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    110% pro life. I think that ever since Roe v Wade there has been a holocaust in America called abortion. That baby has the right to life just as much as the mother. If you don't want the baby, use contraception or do not have sex. The baby should not have to pay with its life for the mothers convenience. So when does a life become a life? You could play this game all day. Simply when a human has unique human DNA never to be again replicated, aka conception. I often pray for the Planned Parenthood here in Sioux Falls every time I drive by it. (It is located right next to a high school). Also looking at Planned Parenthoods history... It was corrupt back then and is corrupt now. Its sickening that my tax dollars go to these gas chambers.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote stargirl View Post
    I'm pro-choice. I believe women should have a right to decide what they want to do with their bodies
    i agree 100%

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Natey View Post
    So when does a life become a life?.
    when the baby can survive independently (without medical intervention) it's harsh, but its the truth

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote life View Post
    when the baby can survive independently (without medical intervention) it's harsh, but its the truth
    1st off, who gets to make that determination of when life begins? Are you arbiter of life? Second, A baby can't survive outside the womb either. It needs a mother. Also, I was born 2 months prematurely didn't know if I was going to be viable or not... So would you consider me a life right before I was born?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Natey View Post
    1st off, who gets to make that determination of when life begins? Are you arbiter of life? Second, A baby can't survive outside the womb either. It needs a mother. Also, I was born 2 months prematurely didn't know if I was going to be viable or not... So would you consider me a life right before I was born?
    no, but if you could survive independently from your mother (without medical intervention) yes i would, if you can respire, a baby does not need a mother once born eg another woman can breast feed or anyone can use artificial milk

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Ahhh, I have no idea what constitutes a life. At conception? But that doesn't always happen naturally these days. Is an embryo made in a petri dish and combined with an electric shock a life? My gut instinct is no. But...I don't know. I don't know where I stand on the whole "do we have a soul" and "when does the baby get a soul" thing.

At the moment I'm leaning towards when the brain begins to function and nerves begin to signal.

Is it right to kill something that has the potential to become life though?

No godamn idea. And it's too late for me to be thinking about indepth topics.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see what you are saying now, it is not a bad argument, but the fact remains you just do not know when that point is.. When is that second when they become a human being? I mean you can mess up with this stuff because life is the most precious thing we have in this world.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Natey View Post
    I see what you are saying now, it is not a bad argument, but the fact remains you just do not know when that point is.. When is that second when they become a human being? I mean you can mess up with this stuff because life is the most precious thing we have in this world.
    imho the second a fetus becomes a viable human being is when it can survive independently outside of the mother (without medical intervention), it is easy to prove, just remove the baby from the mother and see if it survives (im not advocating removing a baby from it's mother, just stated as a way to demonstrate the moment a fetus becomes human)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I might be one of the very few Liberals(moderate) who's pro-life.

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote peace View Post
    I'm pro-death.
    I've often wished I'd been aborted.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote VickieKitties View Post
    I've often wished I'd been aborted.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Natey View Post
    To be honest, I don't like thinking that's there one second after which a life is a life, and that it would be okay to abort a foetus before that one second. I suppose the fact that a fertilized egg has the potential to become life is enough for me, really. The mother doesn't always give birth after conception. She could have a miscarriage. But then that's nature and not humans deciding that the child should not be born.

A while back I would have been Pro-life. Now...I don't know where I stand, but I don't like the idea of people aborting children due to the fact that it's inconvienient at the time for them to give birth.

Honestly? I hope I'm never in the position where I have to make a decision like this. I can't imagine I'd be able to go through with aborting a child. I'd be more likely to put him/her up for adoption if there was no way I could care for it myself.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.