View Poll Results: Would you want to know when you were going to Die?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 50.00%
  • No

4 40.00%
  • Undecided

1 10.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote metamorphosis View Post
    Or any number of physical ailments can kill you straight up! Stroke, heart attack, aneurysm, seizures etc. You can be barricaded in your room and any of those can take you instantly. You could be at the E.R. and drop dead. Thats the point, not knowing what will do you in but when!
    Exactly, so so much could be medically wrong with you and you simply don't know it.

@ Otherside
    "(And BTW, I don't bite...just thought I'd add that)"

Sure, thats what they all say!

DAMN!!! You found me out!!!
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I live every moment as though I will die in the next. In other words, I try to make the most out of every second, I don't miss opportunities, and I make amends. I also try to enjoy life because I know it won't be here one day. So in other words, it doesn't matter when I die. It could happen to any of us at any moment.

So if I knew what day/time I was going to die I wouldn't live any different than I do now.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Tinkerbell View Post
    "But, if I knew; I would hopefully be able to spend quality time with friends and family. I would not have to tell them or who would I tell? I could get things squared away. Especially since I am not elderly and it was a sudden death, including a will. Who would take care of the persons children etc.
    It sounds morbid but there really are two sides to it. Coming to terms with my own mortality, making amends, becoming even more spiritual. Looking at the whole world in a different way."

^Metamorphosis, why can't you do all those things now? I never say good-bye to anyone important in my life without saying I love you. That was never something I was comfortable saying until my son spent a year in Iraq and I didn't know if I'd see him again. After living through that year I decided to never let it go unsaid to anyone important in my life. If I leave this earth today my last words to them were 'I love you', that gives me a lot of peace.
    That is a good look at things. Due to trauma of loosing my brother at 13, and having sever health issues,I have always had this mindset. You never know when your going to never see a person again. Live is a plivilliage and it can be taken out just as made. It doesn't give 100 percent give closer on grief, no, however, it does help the healing process and the memories which are not replaceable.

But on the flip side... This is one of the many reasons I avoid going to the doctors for months at a time, sometimes. I don't want to hear "sorry your no longer treatable you have x to live" on the other hand the dread of not knowing would be anxiety provoking.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I use the doctor on a regular basis. I just had my blood work done. I would just rather catch something early if possible. It also gives me a piece of mind but I know a lot of people who avoid the doc. like the plague. My mother being one of them. Her arm has been hurting her for weeks. I keep pushing her to go to the doc. Obviously it isn't healing itself! She does the, "I haven't had the time". "I've been working a full docket at work". I tell her, "Your health is the most important thing. You can make the time". I wish I could make the appt. and drive her in myself. Just say,"Here's the date, we're going". I am very concerned.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I use the doctor on a regular basis. I just had my blood work done. I would just rather catch something early if possible. It also gives me a piece of mind but I know a lot of people who avoid the doc. like the plague. My mother being one of them. Her arm has been hurting her for weeks. I keep pushing her to go to the doc. Obviously it isn't healing itself! She does the, "I haven't had the time". "I've been working a full docket at work". I tell her, "Your health is the most important thing. You can make the time". I wish I could make the appt. and drive her in myself. Just say,"Here's the date, we're going". I am very concerned.
    I am phobic about going to the doctor, even when I know things are really okay, and it's just the routine crap. It takes a lot of energy for me to walk through the door, I barely go once a year to get my meds and then get yelled at for not coming more often. That really wants me to go again. That said I can empathize with you about your mom, even though I'm not good for myself - I don't feel the same way about the people I love in my life. Hope everything works out okay.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Tinkerbell View Post
    I am phobic about going to the doctor, even when I know things are really okay, and it's just the routine crap. It takes a lot of energy for me to walk through the door, I barely go once a year to get my meds and then get yelled at for not coming more often. That really wants me to go again. That said I can empathize with you about your mom, even though I'm not good for myself - I don't feel the same way about the people I love in my life. Hope everything works out okay.
    I always try to go in there with the mindset of ."Think of how much crazy **** they have seen". I mean being a doc. day in and day out. I'm sure they have some crazy stories. Anyway, I try to look at it that way. Like, I am not the weirdest person they have ever seen.
    Then, I think if I really am; I must have set the bar really high!!! lol

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I voted no. I'd like it to take me by surprise ideally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.