Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I like gyms, I go there when it rains and is cold outside. used to but haven't been for months and months....my life sucks

kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I took my first swimming lesson at an aquatics center, and I have to admit I was a bit self-conscious about what people might think about me. I was in the therapy pool about 3 feet deep, while the next pool had a pool full of kids doing their swim meet with their parents watching. My instructor told me to practice some leg kicking and neck tilting until the next class, meaning I had to be in the regular pool with everyone watching me doing these weird movements while trying not to drown. I'm feeling a bit anxious about that, especially some kids who might swim past me. Sounds ridiculous though right?

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh man, I'm the worst swimmer! I'd feel like everybody was watching me at a pool. :/

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only thing I miss about sas is the fitness forum, it's pretty non-existent over here. :/

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think you are anxious about going to a health/fitness facility,experts recommend the following steps to ease embarrassment:
    A)Some research in advance which to find out if a gym is a good fit for you.If you are overweight,for instance, call and ask the front desk if the facility is friendly size,advises rice.
    B)You take a class or lesson,your observation one first to see if you would be comfortable doing it and to become familiar with what's involved.
    C)Trying to skip the gym altogether.Your work out routine at a home gym or outside,where fewer people can gawk.Exercise program encourages people those who dislike gyms to try walking or recreational activities such as tennis or golf.
    D)Pair up with a buddy for moral support and motivation.
    BefitTacoma boot camp

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ah, I have the same problem. Gyms are evil.
    I've really been kicking myself for not getting my butt off the couch and going but I'm afraid of being judged. I think the jocks and gym rats have radar that can tell them I'm a nerd and therefore a loser :/
    I know it's all in my head but the gym is really anxiety-producing for me.
    I can offer you a bit of advice though; if you can get to the gym bring your iPod or mp3 player or whatever device you have, listen to your music with your headphones in, and don't look at anybody else. When I get severe anxiety at the gym it's usually because I look over at people and think they're staring. As long as you can distract yourself, you should be safe from intrusive thoughts like that. Though I know it's all easier said than done of course.
    Good luck
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think the biggest thing stopping me from going to a gym is the fact that I'd have no idea what to do when I got there. Exercise, obviously, but the machines and what I should/shouldn't do are things that I have zero knowledge about.

Planning on sticking to biking and swimming, but that stuff doesn't really build muscle. I don't think my calves are getting any better than they are now, seeing as that's the only part of my body that has defined muscle tone. Maybe one day I'll get a friend to come with me and show me the ropes. First step though...finding a friend that won't giggle himself into a puddle of piss at how weak my arms are.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a gym membership for about a year, long enough to give it a fair chance. I'll never do it again, for sooo many reasons.
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved. ~Iris Murdoch

Your girlfriend's silence might be her loudest scream.

If you still have more dreams than regrets, congratulations. You haven't gotten old yet.

Spend every moment like it's your last. Hug her, kiss her, hold her, like it's the last time that you ever will. Because it might be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.