Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Woman Breast feeds Puppy To Save Its Life

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000009

When a puppy that she was fostering refused to eat anything, a Colorado woman says she did the only thing that she felt would save his life: breastfeeding the sickly pup from her own breast.

“I just felt like he just had an hour left. That’s how weak he was, he wasn’t moving and I just did it,” the woman, whose identity has not been revealed, told local news outlet KRDO-TV of her decision to breastfeed the dog. "I didn’t know what else to do, I was desperate and I just couldn’t bear sitting there watching it die."

The puppy, according to KRDO, is the runt of a litter of orphaned pups that the woman fostered. She has a 15-month-old child and admits that she felt "weird" about breastfeeding the dog, but she insists that the puppy would've died had she not taken action. The puppy is reportedly now doing much better and is no longer being breastfed.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Sagan View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000009

When a puppy that she was fostering refused to eat anything, a Colorado woman says she did the only thing that she felt would save his life: breastfeeding the sickly pup from her own breast.

“I just felt like he just had an hour left. That’s how weak he was, he wasn’t moving and I just did it,” the woman, whose identity has not been revealed, told local news outlet KRDO-TV of her decision to breastfeed the dog. "I didn’t know what else to do, I was desperate and I just couldn’t bear sitting there watching it die."

The puppy, according to KRDO, is the runt of a litter of orphaned pups that the woman fostered. She has a 15-month-old child and admits that she felt "weird" about breastfeeding the dog, but she insists that the puppy would've died had she not taken action. The puppy is reportedly now doing much better and is no longer being breastfed.
    I think that is awesome that she decided to do that. Yes, it was probably weird, but it saved a life. I've done weird things for a right reason. I won't go into details though.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Interesting info
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish more people were this caring.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Gross.. I would have just placed it in a garbage receptacle.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    in a way the woman was being completely practical and logical about the situation. good for her.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    That's creepy. A call to the vet and a Playtex nurser (one of those bottles with the "natural nipple" would have worked, too).

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i would have tried to get it to a vet. if i was in that situation and breast feeding it would have been the only option i wouldn't have properly breast fed it rather get one of those devices which help remove the milk (cant remember what theyre called its like a pump thing) and then bottle feed or syringe feed it rather than from the same place where your kid will be getting his milk from. great the puppy lived but weird as hell 0.o

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.