Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what triggers manic episodes ?

What triggers manic episodes ? I am experiencing frequent manic episodes.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I only know from what may have triggered mine (and they're hypomanic at the most, never fully blown manic), but:

-Caffeine REALLY does trigger them for me
    -Not sleeping (Which is a bit of a problem. Not sleeping is a symptom of mania, but not sleeping also makes the mania worse)
    -Stress. Last year, stress from college work, stress of exams, and the general crap that other people were expecting (Friends and my parents) was triggering hypomanic episodes, followed by depressive episode. And my own stupid stubborness to take time off and the refusal of the mental health services to help made things worse. So I guess what I'm saying is...if you have a lot of stress right now from work, family, whatever...then maybe take it easy for a while. Take time off work if you need to. It's hard, I know...and not always ideal. Or possible, even. But stress can cause them.

What's your PDoc saying about your manic episodes anyway? Have you had any med changes?
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Stress is my biggest trigger. Seasonal Changes cause my manic episodes to get bad too.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I do not have mania but I also notice that "Stress" changes me, I notice myself feeling more disoriented and messy and disorganized, I living quarters usually get more messy, and then when I am less stressed it is orderly again. I think it probably has to do with stress changing the way the brain works

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.