Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seeing the same employee over and over when you go to a store

I've seen the same person helping me 3 times in the past month. I choose to go there, so it's not like I didn't expect it, but do you guys ever find it odd? It's usually clear that we remember each other but we never say anything. I mean, it's not like we know each other outside of this "job" or "work" environment, so we wouldn't exactly have a reason to talk much.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Oh god that is so uncomfortable for me! I usually go to one branch of my bank, and there's a teller there that now recognizes me. He's very friendly and helpful but it feels awkward while I'm waiting in line, wondering about what kind of smalltalk it'll be.

I guess part of me is wondering what part of the talk is employee-consumer or just two regular people chatting. I've been on the other side of the counter and found myself recognizing, greeting, and chatting with customers, and I did think of many as more than just customers.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote inane View Post
    I guess part of me is wondering what part of the talk is employee-consumer or just two regular people chatting.
    This right here is what troubles my brain, especially lately. I've made a conscious choice to go to a certain cashier at my local grocery store, if I see that she's there. She's really nice and asks me how my day was and all that, normal small chat stuff. The thing that gets me is that I notice she doesn't really say much to the other customers.

I'm probably being a bit optimistic here...but yeah...personal story to relate.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.