Page 93 of 170 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2544
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote InvisibleGuy View Post
    My pet hate. U2. Like a lot of Irish people. We simply can't stand them. Early work, before they became big is much better.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    My pet hate. U2. Like a lot of Irish people. We simply can't stand them. Early work, before they became big is much better.
    I'm sorry lol.....I thought everyone, literally everyone loved U2. I understand though, you either like that kind of music or you don't.

I like a lot of their early stuff, more than the later stuff too...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Bit like Guinness. We are Irish and we are meant to like it. Bloody stuff is horrible. U2 we are also meant to like just because we are Irish. Maybe if Bono simply shut up and just sang people would like him a bit more. Tends to go off at the mouth a good bit. Talks more than he sings. Over here people are just fed up with the idiot. LOL Tend to go for the smaller Irish bands. Aslan are one worth checking out. Just about to make it and the lead singer went into rehab. Addict. They are still going though. But the lead singer battled cancer last year. Shame to see such talent wasted. Fight like Apes are another good band. Though they called it a day last year. Most don't make it out of Ireland. With all those silly boy bands and girl bands doing the rounds. All the money is been invested into them. The real bands are overlooked.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^ I think I know what you're saying. I personally love U2, and always have, since I was a kid but, different strokes for different folks.

My true love is classic rock, tbh....but, how do I put this....the Rolling Stones album Sticky Fingers is just awesome, but I can only listen to it so many times. The same goes for another of my favorite bands, Pink Floyd, but I can only listen to The Dark Side of the Moon so many times before I want something new. I have every lyric on the album The Wall committed to memory. I could sing that entire album, word for word (though I wouldn't make anyone listen to me sing lol). It was sort of the soundtrack for my life during my high school days.

But I want something new, and all the new bands today mostly suck, imo. So yeah I agree with you there. Personally I really miss guitar rock. And it seems like most bands / singers now don't even write their own music, ffs. I listen to a lot of "alternative rock" (define that however you want lol) but I'm really just looking for a new band with some real talent, and there don't seem to be many out there imo.

I gave Aslan's "This Is" a listen on Youtube and I really, really liked it, btw. I like how they seem to pour their heart into their music....they don't just stand up there like a bunch of statues. I love how the crowd gets into them.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote InvisibleGuy View Post
    ^ I think I know what you're saying. I personally love U2, and always have, since I was a kid but, different strokes for different folks.

My true love is classic rock, tbh....but, how do I put this....the Rolling Stones album Sticky Fingers is just awesome, but I can only listen to it so many times. The same goes for another of my favorite bands, Pink Floyd, but I can only listen to The Dark Side of the Moon so many times before I want something new. I have every lyric on the album The Wall committed to memory. I could sing that entire album, word for word (though I wouldn't make anyone listen to me sing lol). It was sort of the soundtrack for my life during my high school days.

But I want something new, and all the new bands today mostly suck, imo. So yeah I agree with you there. Personally I really miss guitar rock. And it seems like most bands / singers now don't even write their own music, ffs. I listen to a lot of "alternative rock" (define that however you want lol) but I'm really just looking for a new band with some real talent, and there don't seem to be many out there imo.

I gave Aslan's "This Is" a listen on Youtube and I really, really liked it, btw. I like how they seem to pour their heart into their music....they don't just stand up there like a bunch of statues. I love how the crowd gets into them.
    I look around today and laugh at what is out there. I can understand a person liking U2. Sort of the last outpost in real music. MTV destroyed a lot of good bands. Took a few heavier bands and got them singing slow pop rock crap. If you look at the likes of Soundgarden. Their first major song was ' Jesus Christ Pose '. That was an all guitar / rock sounding song. MTV got a hold of them and then we are hit with the likes of ' Black Hole Sun '. Which was rubbish. It was aimed towards the charts. I think we can say the same about Metallica. MTV got a hold of them too. Thrash masters. Suddenly singing ' Nothing else Matters '. WTF? Trying to gain a new audience. Older fans hating their new sound. They tried making up for it by singing the songs they first started out with again. At one point they even brought in a full orchestra.

Maybe you should have a look at Manic Street Preachers and The Verve and groups like that. I wouldn't class them as metal music or anything close on that. But they can sing and write songs and the music is not soft. Few other similar bands from the UK. Like they all appeared in the same wave of music around the same time. Just when people were losing faith in music. Charts were been flooded with boy and girl bands. Doing bad covers of old classics. Killing music as we knew it. I listen to anything good. New Order. Joy Division. Punk scene from the late 70's. Ska from the early 80's. The Jam who were a Mod band. Paul Weller their lead singer went on to form the style council and then went solo. I have all his albums. His solo work is amazing. Anything he touches turns to gold. Might be worth a listen to as well. As we try and salvage the music scene. LOL
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yeah, I can relate to a lot of that. I saw Chris Cornell open, yes, open....for Metallica years ago lol. It was a pretty awesome set, they actually played that song, "Jesus Christ Pose" and "Break My Rusty Cage". I'll be honest I had no idea what I was witnessing lol. I had barely heard of them. You might disagree but I think Chris Cornell is probably the greatest male lyricist, male vocalist of the 90's, and....that's not saying a whole lot, really, imo. I remember seeing Metallica on their Master of Puppets tour, and....I also remember being so disappointed, so embarrassed for them, really, when they turned to a whole different genre just to make money years later. They sold out, and they sold out in a huge way. I like their first four albums, and to me, that's who they are. Or, who they were.

I love The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony. I'm just...so uninspired lol, I don't have any new artists that I'm into lately.

I think the best concerts, the most awesome, moving performances I've ever seen (which is, I think, the true test of how good any band really is) was Pink Floyd, and Eric Clapton, and Metallica. And Metallica was back in the 80's....it was when they were still young and true to the real music that made them. And I remember being in Rice Stadium, watching them, with my gf at the time, with 70,000 other people, thrashing to their music lol. I've never since been to another show quit like that. It was pretty amazing, pretty memorable. Everyone there was just....manic lmao. Just crazy to see them live and I've never been to another show where the audience was so immersed, so into being there, and their music, it was crazy.

But yeah, I'm just mostly so uninspired now. I like K Flay, but I'm afraid she's gonna sell into the "formula" that so many new artists seem to. She's going to go soft, she's gonna start writing "radio songs" for airplay, and not what she originally started out writing.

I also miss blues rock, that seems to be a dying art now. One of the biggest regrets of my entire life, was having the opportunity to see Stevie Ray Vaughn live. And I passed it up. And, then it was too late.

He refused to do this song live, for years. He didn't think he was talented enough, to cover this song like it should be covered and to give Jimmi Hendrix the respect he deserved. He finally did cover it because his fans demanded it, they wanted him to do it.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I think the best band to do a deal with MTV was Dire Straits. You remember the song ' Money for Nothing '. MTV offered them a deal. The station was only really starting out. Dire Straits made the song taken the piss out of MTV. Money for nothing and cheques for free. It was all about designing a song to fit what was wanted for the station. MTV played it every hour. I am not sure if they ever really knew back then that the song was actually taken the piss out of them. They got a few million for the song. Hence ' Money for Nothing '. But MTV ruined a lot of good bands. Was like they would target a band or singer and want to make them the next big thing. But in their own style. Which meant selling out. Amy Lee comes to mind. Evanescence was the band she was lead singer of. They had her singing with loads of other bands. Changed her whole image. She went from been all over the TV to been invisible. Somebody new comes along and they quickly drop her. By that stage she has lost the respect of the fans she once had. No idea were she is these days. She simply vanished.

as for my own musical taste? Can be mixed. Old Punk I like. Sks music I love. Thrash metal I like. All things metal are good. People up on a stage playing instruments. I look around today and it is hard on the ears. There is not a lot out there. Red Hot Chilli Peppers I love. But most of the older bands have got back together again. Is the new trend. They play their old music. Seems every band is doing it. I hate the techno and rave scene big time. Only band from that era that hold any sway with me is The Prodigy. They were different from all the other bands of that era. Even if they did rip the sex pistols off with ' come play my game '. I can stand their music. The rest of it is all computer generated rubbish. I do have a lot of greatest hits albums here. All the Grunge bands. Minus Nirvana who just annoyed me with their band attempt at music. Just my opinion. Never took to them at all. Then ' Bang ' lead singer is dead. Let's make him a hero. For what? Thought his wife's band was better. Hole. First album Hole brought out I have here. Soundgarden's greatest hits. Temple of Dog. Alice in Chains. Pearl Jam. All the main ones. Mixed in with a bit of Iron Maiden. Makes for a tasty dish.

The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    My pet hate. U2.
    Sacrilege!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    Sacrilege!
    Is an Irish thing. LOL
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I remember those days lol, the MTV days. I remember when they actually played music videos, ffs. I remember they used to have a "Video of the year" award (part of the MTV music video awards, I think) and Dire Strait's "Money For Nothing" won video of the year every year for a while lol. That has got to be the best example ever, of a band selling out....money under the table....like you said, money for nothing lol.

Page 93 of 170 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.