Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you ever get the feeling that parents today don't seem to care what their kids do?

I see so many parents not pay attention to their children when they are out in public. It's like they tune them out like they tune other people out and never intervene when those children are either too loud or out of control.

Kids who are a little older seem to be better about noise and not doing anything inapppropriate. I know teenagers can act like they don't care sometimes but at least they're quiet and know what the boundaries are when it comes to strangers.

TL;DR : I don't like kids.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I recently went on a bus trip with my daughter's sixth grade class for the most part they were good. However, there is usually always something surprising not in a good way. One of the student's Mom is a teacher and she went as a chaperone. She misbehaved the entire way home and not once did Mom reprimand her. The classroom teacher I could tell was a little hesitant to discipline this girl, but after a bit, classroom teacher had enough and assigned this girl a seat for the trip home.

If my kids misbehaved like that there would be consequences and they would have been scolded right there and then. Most of it was just goofy horseplay stuff, like knocking on the bus's door when someone used it. It does get annoying after a bit. The teacher also had to confiscate a can of axe, why on earth would you bring axe on a field trip. A lot of time I'm not to impressed with off-duty teachers.
    Once I stopped a whole group of kids from running through the church part of church and made them go to the hall while, their girl scout leader said nothing. It's kind of funny when you do this because "the followers" who knew this was wrong seemed relieved that I stopped it and quickly exited the church while the ring leaders hesitated and tried to see if I meant it.

Occasionally if you see children doing something wrong it is ok to stop it. Sometimes you are not sure to intervene or not. Once these kids were having a disagreement outside my house; this was long before I had kids, but it was a Mexican standoff with kids on bikes on one side and the other. I was watching from inside wondering what to do? I thought if they start swinging I'll go out. After a lot of shouting the one group went one way and the other group went the other way.

However, I sometimes go Mommy deaf. It's kind of when they've been begging and nagging you the entire day. My son wants some new game and he's been non-stop talking about this game. I know I stop listening.....Also my husband has discovered the quickest way to get me to tune out is to start talking about football. I lose interest quickly and stop paying attention to him and generally miss some vital piece of information that he sneaks in there.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote toaster little View Post
    I see so many parents not pay attention to their children when they are out in public. It's like they tune them out like they tune other people out and never intervene when those children are either too loud or out of control.

Kids who are a little older seem to be better about noise and not doing anything inapppropriate. I know teenagers can act like they don't care sometimes but at least they're quiet and know what the boundaries are when it comes to strangers.

TL;DR : I don't like kids.
    I don't like kids either. But my biggest problem with them isn't their fault, but the fault of their parents. Around here, it's popular among parents to do nothing to discipline the children until they push the mom or dad to the edge of sanity; then mom or dad just hits them. Once the kids learn to put up with the physical pain of being slapped around by whoever is doing the slapping, they go right back to misbehaving.

In the mostly-uneducated countryside, all anyone ever talks about is how "ya need to beat your kids more." My response is, that only works until the kid gets big enough to beat you right back. This falls on deaf ears for women, because they'll always be afraid of their fathers. Men, on the other hand, are usually as strong as dad well before they're out of high school.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I actually thought parents were getting more paranoid and controlling over their kids than ever before.

Personally I was hit growing up. Mainly by my mum. I started shoving her off me in self defense when I was a teenager. Once she fell flat on her back when I pushed her off me. And she's never tried to attack me since. Serves her right.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    I actually thought parents were getting more paranoid and controlling over their kids than ever before.

Personally I was hit growing up. Mainly by my mum. I started shoving her off me in self defense when I was a teenager. Once she fell flat on her back when I pushed her off me. And she's never tried to attack me since. Serves her right.
    Agreed (on the last part anyway).

Professionally (at the hospital) I've seen 14 years of control issues between children and parents. It has been basically the same over time, with the common denominator being parents who give mixed signals, or none at all until they reach a certain threshold. Re: Mixed signals, it seems to be worse with girls. Mom or dad will tell their 16-year-old, "You can drive wherever you want, but you can't go out with that boy because we just don't like him." Then they ground her for two months when they find out she has been seeing him anyway, and wonder why their relationship with her goes downhill to the point where she doesn't respect them.

I tell them well, you made up a rule that you didn't justify, after giving all the freedom in the world, and now you've clamped down so hard that all your child's days suck. Dafuq did you expect? And yeah, she's going to lose respect for you when your questionable judgment colors her entire after-school life. Eventually she'll have nothing to lose by telling you exactly what she thinks.

TL;DR -- Rant lol.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.