Thread: Why now ?!?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why now ?!?

My dream job is the police (or RSPCA) for three years I've been trying hard to achieve average at my course work and I may come out with a DDM (probably equvilant to a A or B) my family had know for years what I've wanted to do so it's not something new to them.

So why is it tonight when there's a magazine advertising careers/nursing jobs throughout the UK is my dad trying to get me to pick one of them.

I've signed myself up for a TA course, when I finish my course I'm handing out CV's for a pub job (something the police like) and my life will consist of TA course, halfords (current job), a pub job if I can get one and getting fit for the police.

He's asking questions and telling me how hard it is to get into the police and basically telling me it's easier if I train up as a nurse and go and do one of these 40K jobs somewhere in the UK (bearing in mind I'm getting tired of education so that's why I'm not going to uni)

My current course allows me insight to a careers job and I'm not suited to it at all emotionally it doesn't sit well with me all the time (I admire them all the same for the things they do but I couldn't do it) so why is my dad trying to force me into one of these jobs.

I know as well it sounds silly someone being on this website who wants to do a job where you need to be so confidant and sure footed but take away the anxieties and I am. They can't last forever right I can make it I know I can.

I've got a plan at the ready I'm looking into some of the voluntary police work so yes my plan may not be perfect but I'll work something out and work to my goals but why does he have to be so negative about it and tell me he wouldn't get in the police (so in a way saying if I won't get in why would my 18 year old daughter get in)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    funny, it was the other wayround with my mum and I. She always wanted me to join the guards but I became a nurse. I guess the best thing is just to let your dad know your listening to what he is saying, taking it on bord, while explaining to him your current plan. If you can show that your listening to him it should trigger for him to do the same in return.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well thing is I've told people at college like tutors when they asked what I'm going to do if I don't apply to uni and they've all liked my plan and said it's good, I'm halfway signed onto the course now I've got a load of placements I can get in touch with to see if I can do my course at their school, it's too late for me to apply to uni anyway next time I could apply for is 2015 which would still leave me with a year gap so I don't see why his problem is I'm setting myself up for the police best I can yes it's hard to get into but if not I could apply later on or even try my b plan job and it's not as if I'm saying no to uni forever I can still have that nursing option there for me if I'm not cut out for the police or RSPCA (which hopefully I will be)

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.