Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Being ok out in public until someone wants to talk

I think I realize that most strangers aren't going to start conversations with me unless they want something or need something. So even if I get random stares for a brief second, they go back to whatever they're doing with their lives.

I also noticed that when people say "hey" I always feel very nervous until I see who it is. Sometimes I'm worried that it might be some girl I used to date or someone from high school who wasn't on good terms with me (or I wasn't on good terms with her) and I never know what we still think of each other.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It also helps to look unapproachable. Eye contact seems to be one door people use to initiate a conversation ect..., so staying focused on what you're doing by moving swiftly and not looking at other people usually does the trick.

OTOH, sometimes a pleasant exchange with a stranger is nice. It gives a feeling that you're still human and haven't lost all ability to interact with others. (that's how I feel about it anyway)
    Be yourself, everyone else is taken. -Oscar Wilde

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Put on some music!
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Put on some music!
    I'd feel like I draw extra attention (temporarily) by walking around as the only person with headphones.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel the same way, I'm okay going places where I'm not expected to interact with anyone in a substantial way. Otherwise, I go into panic mode and just want to leave wherever I am.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.