Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi, im not sure, help please

Hi, I'm not sure if I have anxiety or not, I have not been diagnosed. I was wondering is someone could help me, tell me their opinion on if I have anxiety or not. I don't want to be seen by people who know me as attention seeking is I'm wrong and I cant go see any form of doctor on my own, I'm too young. I'll start with the fat I am scared of a lot of things, going on boats, planes, going underground. I'm scared there will be a pervert in my garden when I let my dogs out at night. I'm scored I will burn my self on the kettle or cooker. once in a while, I get these things, I'm not sure if they are panic or anxiety attack, or I'm just about to faint. when they are happening, I get all sweaty, I go green, I fell like my legs are about to collapse, I get a tight feeling in my chest and some times struggle to catch my breath and every time I have had all these, I've always got black spots before my eyes and felt dizzy. Then there is the, when things aren't going right I get queasy and am unsure I can stand, and if I get asked a question in class, I'm terrified I get it wrong, as in, I don't think its te normal amount of worry over something which is a near daily occurrence. Finally, there is right now, I am sitting at my computer at 2.17 in the morning, with my light on terrified someone will break into my house. I stated to be unable to sleep for hours a couple of week ago, its getting worse though, toning is the first night I cant bear it enough to give up trying to sleep.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    well first of all welcome to the site! you will find a lot of support here
    second, what your describing to me about the dizziness and queeziness and your chest feeling tight does sound like a panic attack to me.
    ive experienced panic attacks where i have fainted afterwards as well and i know what your talking about when you say you see black spots before your eyes.
    i think that you need to talk to your parents and go see a doctor. its easier said than done but if its affecting you life a lot then it needs to be dealt with.
    im only 17 and i cant go see a doctor by myself either but my parents know i have anxiety. i think you just need to talk to them.

take care xo

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thank you

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    anytime x

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Hey, welcome to the forum (And it's nice to see another person from this little Island of ours)
    I can't give you a definite yes or no answer. Only a doctor can do that. But from you descibed, yes, it does sound like some sort of anxiety. I don't know how old you are, but if you're over 16, you should be able to go to the doctor on your own (Although I know that that was a complete no no for me at times). Since you're still in school, is there any sort of help avalibille through there, any sort of councilling or anything at all like that you can access? There was some sort of help at my school, and trust me, it was invaluable.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum!
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    im only 15 and as for counselling threw school, there is a nurse at the school, but I have never met her and she is never really in and I cant go to a guidance teacher because we get assigned them and I've been bounced around them because of them leaving. i don't know my new one at all.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Okay, you may still be able to see the doctor on your own, I don't know. I really think you should talk to your parents though about this. Besides, trust me, if you get help for it, getting through the system can be complicated by itself (Trust me. Been there. Still there. Heck, I'm 18 and I'm suddenly expected to know what to do about well...everything.) I know telling them may well be a nerve wracking thing, but trust me, it'll help.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just recently opened up to my parents and it honestly wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be.
    My mum didnt really know what to say but she supported me. and my dad kind of understands because he suffers from anxiety too and he was really supportive of me.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Welcome to AS! =]

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.