Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Innocent man given forcible 14-hour anal cavity search after traffic stop.

I think this goes down as textbook definition of insane abuse of police power

So for those who don't want to watch the video a man in New Mexico got pulled over for a routine traffic stop. When the cop went over to check out the "suspect" the cop noticed the man was clenching his butt. That was apparently enough to get a search warrant under the suspicion that since he was clenching his butt he must be smuggling narcotics. So the man is taken against his will and subjected to full body cavity searches, anal probing, and subjected to an enema to flush his system...3 times, and oh...also a colonoscopy. All against the will/consent of the man. Of course nothing was ever found and the police state that they where just "following procedures"

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Bullshit. If those are procedures, then bullshit.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what happened to Hippocratic oath?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    It seems one set of doctors some sense

[QUOTE]Police were turned away at a Deming emergency room, after a doctor told him that the search was “unethical.” But that jarring statement wouldn’t be enough to sway police officers from seeking another place to violate Eckert’s body in the name of prohibition.[QUOTE]

It's bullshit that the police also got a promotion after this.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    This is sick, it is not just the police that are responsible but the medical team that approved the "searching".....sick sick sick
    life---> <---me

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I used to live in that town. :/
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Colonoscopy under anesthesia because they smelled drugs?! That is at least battery and could constitute rape. That is a procedure with significant risks done against a patient's will. I hope this his lawyers have enough sense to contact the medical board and file a complaint. There was no medical indication for the procedure and if done against the patients will, there should be action on the part of the licensing board in that state and should also be criminal prosecution of that doctor.

kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote theanonymous3000 View Post
    Colonoscopy under anesthesia because they smelled drugs?! That is at least battery and could constitute rape. That is a procedure with significant risks done against a patient's will. I hope this his lawyers have enough sense to contact the medical board and file a complaint. There was no medical indication for the procedure and if done against the patients will, there should be action on the part of the licensing board in that state and should also be criminal prosecution of that doctor.
    I agree, that hospital can be sued and will likely have to compensate the victim. And to make him pay for the entire medical procedure that he never consented to is just completely above and beyond the law!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.