Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I want to drop out of highschool due to my social anxiety problems?

I have pretty bad social anxiety..and sometimes it does effect my school work, like presenting in front of the class, even though alot of people have that problem. But asking questions and asking for help, doing group work...& things like that. It gets worse that that. I mentally can't cope with it and feel sad because of it and have no friends. Plz help.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Welcome as well.

I had to drop out of college lately for similar reasons. I struggled through compulsary schooling (up to 16 in the UK), and moved onto college, somehow getting through the first year and screwing up on the second. I've had to drop out. I'm currently studying at home.

I don't know how long you've got left, but don't drop out without knowing what you're going to do next. If you're really really struggling, then you need to look into other options. Is it at all possible for you to do online schooling (I will warn you now. It will be harder to learn that way) or some other sort of home schooling? And don't do anything without talking to your parents, councilors at school.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum. The people here are pretty supportive.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hi hi hi hi

I saw a manager where I work get really nervous when she had to talk in front of a medium size group only 9-12 people. She is super spoiled, drives a BMW.. blah blah....but even miss perfect gets super nervous.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm the exact same way...I never even ask the teachers for help because of it...

-Blade Biersack

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote 2cool4school View Post
    I have pretty bad social anxiety..and sometimes it does effect my school work, like presenting in front of the class, even though alot of people have that problem. But asking questions and asking for help, doing group work...& things like that. It gets worse that that. I mentally can't cope with it and feel sad because of it and have no friends. Plz help.
    I had this all throughout my schooling life, but I eventually had to force myself to ask questions and work with others because it was affecting my grades. I don't think you need to drop out of school, I think you should try set some goals for yourself, start little then get bigger. Say, as your first goal you could ask a teacher a question after class when all the other students leave. This way you only have to confront the teacher.
    Then go a step further and ask a question in front of the class.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This doesn't help much, but I think you should stay in school. I know it's challenging, but life after high school is VERY different. The stuff taht matters then doesn't matter anymore. Trust me

Welcome to AS btw

Btw, I will become a teacher in the classroom and I struggle with SA too. Feel free to ask me questions

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    All I can say is bluntly put. Life will only get more crap if you drop out of school the more school you have the more options you have in life. Just get through it even if it sucks. It is just a thing to get through and get it over with then you move on to t a job where you don't have to do presentations.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hello there!

I dropped out of High School in the 10th grade cause of Social Anxiety problems as well. I was getting bullied physically & mentally. I do wish I had gotten into Online School or Home Schooling instead though. Can you look into either of those?

To be honest... It triggers my anxiety even more when people ask me did I graduate or why did I drop out so yeah...

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Don't drop out!
    Education is too important for SA to get in the way!
    Welcome!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.