Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Kansas Town Installs Phone Prayer Booths, So Residents Can ‘Call God Whenever They Ne

Kansas Town Installs Phone Prayer Booths, So Residents Can ‘Call God Whenever They Need

http://topekasnews.com/kansas-town-i...whenever-need/

Kansas City, KS – Kansas City resident Michelle Ioda woke up early this Sunday morning. As she does on most Sundays, Michelle plans to make the morning worship service at her local church. But this Sunday, she rose a little early so she could visit a nearby prayer booth recently installed by her city council.

“The Chiefs are playing the Broncos. I forgot to go pray last Monday and for all I know, that is why Manning’s ankle MRI came back negative. If I had prayed, maybe God would have sprained it a little more and he would be out this week.”

Ioda’s belief in the power of prayer is fervent and mirrors many of her neighbors, she said. Since the booths were put in throughout town several months ago, Kansas City data tracking confirms that on average, the prayer booths receive over 100,000 callers per week.

SNIP--------------------------------------
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think this is good. with modern life being as busy as it is for so many people it can be hard to fit prayer into your schedule. or maybe your life isn't busy but you're just addicted to the internet like me. there's people like that too who have escaped the busyness of modern life only to find themselves trapped in the internet. praying can make you feel good but that doesn't mean you'll do it. it can make your day better and you know it but sometimes its hard to change gears to that. in church its easy since there's the church environment but in your home is a different story. exercise is also like that. always good if you do it but the issue is always if you will. that's why some people participate in exercise groups that are conducive to exercising. even showering is the same way but the good thing is most people manage to do that. i don't do it but i should. maybe if there was a prayer booth i could pray in it today for the strength to take a shower tomorrow. but there is no prayer booths near me so i just have to hope its in my prewritten destiny to do that.

my only small complaint is that maybe they could find a way to decorate the prayer booths so they look a little more inviting. 100,000 callers a week is pretty good but it could be higher. maybe if people praying at them brought decorations to it that could work. then as soon as something was stolen it would be replaced by something else. and so what if your contributed decoration is stolen. i guess that means someone really liked your decoration enough to take it home. but then decorations could also discourage someone from praying if someone doesn't like yours. they could think you contaminated it with what you put on it so it has to be a awhile before they can pray at it again. but that's just one idea there's other ways to make them more inviting. like what if the prayer booths could play hymns and you select the one you want to listen to. maybe there's headphones attached to it. sometimes good ideas aren't taken as far as they can go. i think this could be the case with the prayer booths. although ideas take resources to implement and they may not have the resources to make the prayer booths able to play hymns.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.