Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

Sodium Valproate/Depakote

Okay...not quite anxiety meds, but has anyone been on this/does anyone know about this?

Also, as silly as this might sound, I'm worried that I'm going to gain weight on it, which is apparently, something that depakote likes to do. (I don't have an ED or anything, I'm just worried about that...)

And the coating of it... No...just no. It like, fizzes the second you put it in your mouth so for half an hour after taking it you feel as though you've had some sort of sherbet and popping candy explosion in your mouth.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's helped to treat anxiety, too. The wiki on it says. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_valproate

Sodium valproate (INN) or valproate sodium (USAN) is the sodium salt of valproic acid and is an anticonvulsant used in the treatment of epilepsy, anorexia nervosa, panic attack, anxiety disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, migraine and bipolar disorder, as well as other psychiatric conditions requiring the administration of a mood stabiliser. Sodium valproate can be used to control acute episodes of mania and acute stress reaction.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would be also interested if someone else have tried this. Sorry im not much help.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Oh, I don't know if it's used for anxiety. I've been prescribed it for bipolar, but there's a few other bipolars on here so I thought I'd see if they'd used it and what they thought.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How are things going so far? I'm back on Lamictal at the moment, seems okay but the 6 week taper to reach full therapeutic effects is quite the waiting game to get through. I guess at-least with Depakote it should start to help relatively quickly.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.