Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is THIS from anxiety?!

I have recently been told I have anxiety and I have odd symptoms. My husband is a paramedic and keeps telling me it's only because of my stress. I have tension headaches almost all the time, they've gotten a little better but they use to make me think something was terribly wrong... Now along with random headaches if have abdominal pains a lot, they move and don't stay in a certain place very long. It's probably gas but I've become constipated. Once again, my husband says this is my anxiety and it does get worse as I worry about it... It doesn't hurt when it's pressed or when I lay on my stomach. It's just random sharp pains around in my intestines that last about 5-10 minutes. Anyone have this??

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know this but it's actual physical symptoms I can feel, almost like IBS just less severe pain. I didn't think hypochondria was physical pain you could feel.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When I'm really stressing over something, I have headaches, high blood pressure and at night I sometimes grind my teeth which contributes to the headaches and makes my teeth and jaw hurt. I don't get stomach pain too much, but have at times been too stressed out to eat well.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Hey sweety, you might want to take a trip to your GP, it could be a physical reaction to stress or anxiety or it may but a physical complication in itself
    life---> <---me

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Stress can easily lead to physical symptoms regardless of what the source of the stress is. If it's something that's happening a lot you should probably check in with your doctor if you can, though.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Inscrutable Banana View Post
    Stress can easily lead to physical symptoms regardless of what the source of the stress is. If it's something that's happening a lot you should probably check in with your doctor if you can, though.
    Yeah, I agree with Inscrutable Banana and lasair. Sure, stress can cause physical symptoms, but you may want to be checked out too.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.