Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    Recently I was offered a seat (FINALLY) in the dental assisting program I applied for years ago. I do believe this calls for celebratory wine.
    Niiiiiiice!! Congrats!! So happy for you!
    Enjoy the glass of wine!

PS: I missed seeing your posts these days! glad u're back

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Buddies asked if I wanted to go out for a drink. Finally getting out of the house!

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Kirsebaer View Post
    Niiiiiiice!! Congrats!! So happy for you!
    Enjoy the glass of wine!

PS: I missed seeing your posts these days! glad u're back
    Shanks. ^_^

I will enjoy my glass(es) of wine.

Sometimes being on a forum full of like-minded people is exactly where I shouldn't be, but I found that being away didn't make any difference in how I felt so...here I am.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Shanks. ^_^

Sometimes being on a forum full of like-minded people is exactly where I shouldn't be, but I found that being away didn't make any difference in how I felt so...here I am.
    I know what you mean... but I don't think being here has that much influence on our improvement. What matters is how we carry our lives and how much effort we put into fighting our phobias. I feel like this is a nice community to be part of.. I don't need to be here as I've been pretty much SA free for a few months now (and I hope it's permanent), but I like being here and I wanna stick around to hopefully see everyone else getting better

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Recently I was offered a seat (FINALLY) in the dental assisting program I applied for years ago. I do believe this calls for celebratory wine.
    Congratulations!! You'll do great in the program!
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I know what you mean... but I don't think being here has that much influence on our improvement. What matters is how we carry our lives and how much effort we put into fighting our phobias. I feel like this is a nice community to be part of.. I don't need to be here as I've been pretty much SA free for a few months now (and I hope it's permanent), but I like being here and I wanna stick around to hopefully see everyone else getting better
    Well, I'm glad you stuck around because it wouldn't be the same here without ya.
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    Congratulations!! You'll do great in the program!
    Thanks! I hope so. It starts in September, and I've got a lot to try and take care of before then. Namely not be ruled by anxiety and depression. No room for emotional baggage and such. It's a very compressed course.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Thanks! I hope so. It starts in September, and I've got a lot to try and take care of before then. Namely not be ruled by anxiety and depression. No room for emotional baggage and such. It's a very compressed course.
    Working, going to school and doing things in life involve being human also. So don't be so hard on yourself. You don't have to be perfect or emotionless to succeed in life. In fact, this world needs people who can feel both sadness and pain because they are also able to feel joy and to laugh with others.

When you get anxious take a deep breath a few times and then say, "La la la, whatever. La la la, oh well. La la la, it doesn't matter. La la la. Tonight. Tonight. Party on the rooftop top of the world. Tonight. Tonight. Dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign."

I literally do this when I get stressed in my job or life and by the time I finish those lines I'm smiling and dancing.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Working, going to school and doing things in life involve being human also. So don't be so hard on yourself. You don't have to be perfect or emotionless to succeed in life. In fact, this world needs people who can feel both sadness and pain because they are also able to feel joy and to laugh with others.

When you get anxious take a deep breath a few times and then say, "La la la, whatever. La la la, oh well. La la la, it doesn't matter. La la la. Tonight. Tonight. Party on the rooftop top of the world. Tonight. Tonight. Dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign."

I literally do this when I get stressed in my job or life and by the time I finish those lines I'm smiling and dancing.
    That is quite possibly the best mantra I have ever seen. xD
    I feel like they are song lyrics?

Anyway, yeah I know, it's just hard to find a balance when everything is such a big stupid deal to me. I figure I'll adjust quickly because I just won't have a choice. The thought of being in a classroom again...I just have to keep reminding myself that it's not high school this time.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That is quite possibly the best mantra I have ever seen. xD
    I feel like they are song lyrics?

Anyway, yeah I know, it's just hard to find a balance when everything is such a big stupid deal to me. I figure I'll adjust quickly because I just won't have a choice. The thought of being in a classroom again...I just have to keep reminding myself that it's not high school this time.
    Yep. I stole them from Hot Chelle Rae's Tonight, Tonight.

And my grandmother had a saying about worrying about what "will" happen. She said, "If you have one foot in the past and one in the future, you piss on the present." So live in these present seconds and take those seconds one step at a time. The future can be daunting because it's an unknown. You will adjust quickly like you say and you may even surprise yourself with your "in the moment" reactions. Since I've started taking one day, one moment at a time, I've been much happier.

*big hug, my friend*

Cindy

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yep. I stole them from Hot Chelle Rae's Tonight, Tonight.

And my grandmother had a saying about worrying about what "will" happen. She said, "If you have one foot in the past and one in the future, you piss on the present." So live in these present seconds and take those seconds one step at a time. The future can be daunting because it's an unknown. You will adjust quickly like you say and you may even surprise yourself with your "in the moment" reactions. Since I've started taking one day, one moment at a time, I've been much happier.

*big hug, my friend*

Cindy
    I recall you posting that quote before - it's definitely a winner! If anyone needs to stop living in the past, it's me. Tired of feeling like I hit a roadblock. I guess this is my chance to change that.

((big hugs back))

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well, I'm glad you stuck around because it wouldn't be the same here without ya.
    That's nice of u to say. I hope you'll stick around too cause it would suck if u left us!

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Shanks. ^_^

Congrats Illusion!!!!! I think I need a celebratory glass of wine to celebrate your celebratory glass of wine haha Glad to hear some good news from ya!

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    That's nice of u to say. I hope you'll stick around too cause it would suck if u left us!
    Agreed!! Things also wouldn't be the same if Kirse decided to leave too

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm not going anywhere.
    Not unless out of my mind counts. >.<

Quote Koalafan View Post
    Congrats Illusion!!!!! I think I need a celebratory glass of wine to celebrate your celebratory glass of wine haha Glad to hear some good news from ya!
    Thanks Koala

*hands you wine*

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I had a great day at work. We had a board meeting today and the publicity department really liked some of my advertising ideas :3
    I guess it pays off that I worked in PR before switching to this job LOL.
    We're working on a video advertisement now and I'm glad I could offer some suggestions everyone liked!
    It makes me happy to see others happy, and I also feel great that they appreciate my input
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.