Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Feeling paranoid

At some point last summer, people at my school did a great job of making me feel so uncomfortable and seemed like they lie about everything while going around people's backs to get them into trouble or ruin their reputation by spreading rumors about anything and everything. They also made a lot of comments about how creepy they can be. Everyone thought it was funny but I felt uncomfortable. Whenever I brought up any concerns I had, no one really cared. I didn't talk to people about anything personal or something that could be used against me. For a while, I felt like I couldn't talk to anyone because I was worried that I could get suspended or expelled because of something I do or say outside of classes.

Now I think I've gotten better about that and I'm not as paranoid as I used to be. I feel more comfortable sharing things with people and I'm careful about who knows what. I wasn't used to saying one thing to a certain group and being silent around people who didn't have to know. I'm getting used to private messages and private conversations so I'm not as worried about people getting me into trouble or saying a little too much when it comes to something personal. I wish I could feel comfortable enough to talk about kids or family members while sharing pictures and videos like other people do. I hope I can be that comfortable one day with friends but I'm just not there yet.

Does anyone else ever feel this way when they talk to people online (Facebook, Twitter, etc) or is it just me?

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I feel paranoia on a daily basis. I always assume people are out to get me...assume the worst in people, and I really hate the feeling...

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have a tendency to be cynical, but not outright paranoid. On a base level it's just wise to approach everyone with caution until you can get some idea of what they're like. Of course, sometimes no matter how well you think you know someone they could still turn around and screw you over at some point in the future. It's all kind of a crap shoot, or perhaps a "calculated risk".
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if it's paranoia or not, but I just don't trust people, like anyone. Maybe it is a little bit of paranoia. I always assume the worst about people, and a lot of times I find that I've been right. It really sucks not having any friends because you can't let anyone get close.
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved. ~Iris Murdoch

Your girlfriend's silence might be her loudest scream.

If you still have more dreams than regrets, congratulations. You haven't gotten old yet.

Spend every moment like it's your last. Hug her, kiss her, hold her, like it's the last time that you ever will. Because it might be.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote James View Post
    I don't know if it's paranoia or not, but I just don't trust people, like anyone. Maybe it is a little bit of paranoia. I always assume the worst about people, and a lot of times I find that I've been right. It really sucks not having any friends because you can't let anyone get close.
    Yeah. With people at school, I just can't share anything personal because they go around telling everyone (not the bad part). Then the people who find out about it, randomly come up to me and start harassing me about it with unsolicited comments just because they know. They also love to tell people what to do and express their opinions when no one asked for it.

For example, let's say that I was 27 and I was dating someone who had just turned 19. If people at school found out, they would all come up to me and lecture me on why they thought that was so wrong and why I should find someone my age (you know, mid to late 20s) because that age difference is just creepy. That's when I would probably get frustrated and mad by being rude to them in return, which doesn't make anything better. It's sad how some people just can't keep their opinions to themselves.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm almost always paranoid. It's such a hard thing to relax around people. I don't like most of them. When you can't relax around people, they know it and feel angry and pissed because they are in their minds "nice" and you are the crazy stuck up weirdo. It's really a crazy vicious never ending cycle. I have a very hard time with sharing personal information as well. When my child was critically ill, I only shared this information with a few, less than three people. Other people host huge fund raising dinners and cans at the local market checkout. I inform my child's preschool teacher, oh we'll be gone for a week because she needs lifesaving surgery.

I don't know why I feel safer keeping vital information quiet, but I do.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote merc View Post
    I'm almost always paranoid. It's such a hard thing to relax around people. I don't like most of them. When you can't relax around people, they know it and feel angry and pissed because they are in their minds "nice" and you are the crazy stuck up weirdo. It's really a crazy vicious never ending cycle. I have a very hard time with sharing personal information as well. When my child was critically ill, I only shared this information with a few, less than three people. Other people host huge fund raising dinners and cans at the local market checkout. I inform my child's preschool teacher, oh we'll be gone for a week because she needs lifesaving surgery.

I don't know why I feel safer keeping vital information quiet, but I do.
    My parents are the same way. Some information doesn't need to leave the family even if it's good. If it's too good, it draws in too much attention and your privacy or safety could be at risk, because people will want to steal from you if you have something they want.

We still take a lot of pictures, but never show them to anyone unless it's behind a secure, password protected "barrier" so people we don't know can't look at them. With Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube these days, people enjoy putting everything online even if it makes so-and-so look bad. They don't seem to care if it hurts someone or costs them their jobs, as long as people think it's funny. It's ridiculous that's what it's come to these days. So many viral videos are about something that makes you laugh, and that's it. I prefer to watch videos that make you think or make you learn something, but other people would rather watch videos on how to prank someone. Those pranks can go very wrong and people refuse to think of the consequences because they expect to get away with it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I feel paranoid to my coworkers always talk about me behind my back SHAME!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I feel paranoid with the bills are here and the due date is tomorrow. I'm kinda scream!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Paranoia will kill you. Do not overthink and do not judge yourself right away! Be yourself

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm paranoid constantly lately... it seems never ending. I never find peace. It's extremely exhausting.
    Your wings were ready, my heart was not.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.