Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

85 richest people own the same wealth as the 3.5 billion poorest people

Almost half of the world’s wealth is now owned by just one percent of the population, and seven out of ten people live in countries where economic inequality has increased in the last 30 years. The World Economic Forum has identified economic inequality as a major risk to human progress, impacting social stability within countries and threatening security on a global scale.

This massive concentration of economic resources in the hands of fewer people presents a real threat to inclusive political and economic systems, and compounds other inequalities – such as those between women and men. Left unchecked, political institutions are undermined and governments overwhelmingly serve the interests of economic elites – to the detriment of ordinary people.

http://www.oxfam.org/en/policy/worki...mic-inequality
    Thoughts?

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    This kinda [BEEP] has gone on long enough. Such a model doesn't work for human society because of greed. I like how it said "Major risk to human progress", that's exactly it. If we took up a model of society that valued what you give, contribute and the care you give your fellow man, we'd be a utopia by now. But it's the fuckin' greedy pigs at the top that dictate and make our world such a shitty place.
    I say one day we take a stand against it, because a leader is only as powerful as his followers, so to speak; even a god...without believers and followers he is nothing. It's us who are too brainwashed and conditioned just to accept the way things are, and so we continue to suffer.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.