Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

Social Anxiety...online...on anxiety forums

Errrr....yeah. Am I the only one? You know, who gets the whole anxiety "did I say something stupid innapropriate do the wrong thing do they actually hate me" well...online

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Being online doesn't change anything, the same garbage is still swirling around in my head either way. Tis rather stressful to always feel like the last thing you said to someone, no matter how innocuous, is going to suddenly make them hate you or think you're stupid and not want to talk to you anymore.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    yup - if someone quotes what I've said my heart is in my mouth until I read it.
    life---> <---me

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I definitely have this. I enter every life situation with the thought in the back of my mind that people are automatically going to hate me. So this definitely affects how nervous I am when communicating online as well. If I don't hear from someone in a while I just assume that I said something stupid and I have pissed them off. In general, I put my foot in my mouth quite often as it is.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm always worried about trolls and a-holes or d-bags who are going to be offensive when they don't need to reply if they don't like what I've said.

There are a lot of posts and threads I never write because I don't want to have to deal with trolls who don't even have any problems but they write responses just to make fun of someone.

Sometimes in chat, I get major anxiety before I write something because of unsolicited comments from people who think they need to reply to everything they read and hear. Most of the time, I never go through with what I was going to say because I hate to deal with trolls who won't stop arguing and insulting everyone just because you decided to talk to them before knowing they were going to be that way.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    You're definitely not alone here. I jump to conclusions all the time over things I've posted.

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote toaster little View Post
    I don't want to have to deal with trolls who don't even have any problems but they write responses just to make fun of someone.
    That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I'm worried that people are making fun of me when I think they're being nice and I can't tell the difference.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This is the first online community where I wasn't attacked by someone's smart [BEEP] remark. I used to worry all the time. Funny how when you're around decent people, anxiety can lessen. I guess I trust you guys more.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    This is the first online community where I wasn't attacked by someone's smart [BEEP] remark. I used to worry all the time. Funny how when you're around decent people, anxiety can lessen. I guess I trust you guys more.
    I also feel more comfortable posting here and chatting with people here.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    I've deleted a lot of messages I post online. HFboards and Reddit are the most intimidating to me.

I'm a bit more comfortable on anxiety forums though because everyone's kind of in the same boat. I can't imagine an unkind word being said by anyone here.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will write responses and then have second thoughts and not post anything basically on each and every forum I've ever posted on including this one. At least on here people understand that. There is someone on another site I visit who constantly be-littles others and on this site everyone ignores him. It's the first site that I've seen where no-one responds angrily or in support of. His evil comments are left there and when none responds in anyway they really look like stupid and lame attempts to provoke others. My first thought was why isn't this person banned from this site? Yet seeing how no one engages him is rather surprisingly funny.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is the first social anxiaty website I found which I thought suited my needs which was being able to talk to people with and about anxiaty. Id hate to imagine though if is found one of these 'wrong' websites though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.