Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote SmileyFace View Post
    I didn't get the job With how everything was going, I really thought I got it.

Fortunately, they did offer me a 3-month paid internship, which I agreed to right away. It's something at least. And they said it could lead to a full-time job if I do well.

I'd still like to quit my museum volunteer work though *shrug* Kind of a waste of time driving over there, but at the same time.. I love the people there.
    That sounds promising! At least something good came out of it, right?

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A paid internship is better than a non-paid internship
    Just do your best with the internship and eventually they'll see they made a mistake by not hiring you. We're all rooting for you here, Smiley Keep going
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post
    That sounds promising! At least something good came out of it, right?
    Quote Keddy View Post
    A paid internship is better than a non-paid internship
    Just do your best with the internship and eventually they'll see they made a mistake by not hiring you. We're all rooting for you here, Smiley Keep going
    Yeah, I'm a bit bummed out about not getting the full-time job right away, but I'm overall glad a paid internship's coming out of all this. And you're right, Keddy; a paid internship is a lot better than an unpaid one. Something that really ticked me off during job hunting was coming across a lot of good internship opportunities, but not being able to apply because they require you be a current student. This is because they don't pay you, so they gotta give you something at least -- which is college credit. What a shame.

So I'm glad I'm getting a paid internship with this company. Whether or not it turns into a full-time position for me, it'll look good on my resume.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.