Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

Seeing how sick I was last year by reading over journal entries and blog posts is...

...depressing. Gods, the title character limit isn't long enough.

But huh, that is depressing. Gods, I hate it all.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    ...depressing. Gods, the title character limit isn't long enough.

But huh, that is depressing. Gods, I hate it all.
    Let's look at it a different way.

OMGosh!!! Look how far you've come!! I'm so proud of you for working toward getting healthy!

I look back too and feel relieved and blessed that I've made it away from that dark time.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know why but for me it always seems easier to focus on all the stuff I've done wrong. It truly can be an overwhelming mountain of crap that makes me depressed. I try to focus on the future to remain positive.
    I also realize that sometimes you need to feel really bad occasionally about stuff that didn't meet expectations. When my kid was sick I kept pushing all my sadness away and focusing on the next surgery or the next thing to fix. Also, I felt guilty that I did something to cause the spina bifida. She also has more minor physical issues. Online I got a wealth of advise and i wouldn't have made it without their suggestions on how to get colostomy bags to stick, how to get medicine in a child without feeling like you are the worst abusive parent ever, but i also felt guilty feeling bad because my child wasn't as bad as some others.

What I stress here is that sometimes it can be ok to give yourself permission to feel bad, but once you've gotten that out of your system get bad up and out there and keep trying to remain positive. Focus on the future what you will do, not so much on what you can't change. When i start feeling a little down or negative before i go to sleep I'll write down three things to look forward to for the next day. They are usually just small things. For instance yesterday it was warm and sunny so I planned to spend sometime sitting outside in the sun. It was great! Today I'm ordering pizza!!! I 'm not cooking!!! I usually don't have great big things to look forward to, but try to focus on the little things that have a good chance of occurring anyway.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is what I was thinking. Find comfort in that you are not there anymore.

Quote chantellabella View Post
    Let's look at it a different way.

OMGosh!!! Look how far you've come!! I'm so proud of you for working toward getting healthy!

I look back too and feel relieved and blessed that I've made it away from that dark time.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i was sick last year too. mostly from august onwards. i don't look over what i posted then firstly because its embarrassing but secondly because im trying to keep it in remission and i don't think it would be a good idea to look.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.