Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When you're moving somewhere new, people ask if you know people there

Like that makes all of the difference in the world. Is it so weird if you don't know anyone in a certain area? Do people avoid nice places they want to live if they don't have friends/family there?

I have some family here and I know people, but I never feel like they're my friends (well not as close as I want to be with them). So I don't think knowing people in a certain area determines how happy you are or how much you'll like the place.

I tried to go to social events at school but it's hard to make new friends there. With most people, all you do is just talk and then when it's over, they don't seem to want to talk anymore. So I kind of regret going because I didn't get much out of it. All I did was meet strangers who will probably never be friends with me because people like that usually make excuses for why they can't talk to you or hang out with you even though they have all of the time in the world for their friends. I've been there before in high school and college with the same types of people. They all keep in touch with each other except with me.

Isn't it worse to live somewhere thinking you have plenty of friends but find out they're never there for you?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Yeah people ask me if I have friends and family where I'm headed. Then it's, "So you're going to be alone? Why are you going?"

Life tends to be lived in pairs or groups, so it's an abnormal concept to most people.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yup, I get asked that all the time - if I wanted to go to a place I knew someone I would be pretty limited
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol so weird when people ask that. "Oh, do you have family there or something?" Um, no. So I can't move to someplace unless I have family or friends living there? Whatever happened to meeting new people?

People have also asked if anyone will be coming with me to the new place, and the answer is no.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.