Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

Nedding some advise guys

So I met someone at group therapy. He's nice, I like him. Or I think I do. He likes me more than I like him, that much is obvious. He wants to see me, he keeps wanting to see me.

But this feeling of panic keeps gnawing at me, and it's bad, horriblly bad. I feel sick, and I can't shake it. I can't be happy because the panic is always there and it's making me absolutely horrible. I want to die. I can't stand this panic at all. It's a crushing feeling in my chest and I want it to go.

I keep thinking "have I done the right thing?"

I don't know what to do at all. I just don't. I hate this...change. I spoke to him and he said nothing will change, but...I just don't know anything.

I don't know what to do.

I need help.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

nothing's Avatar Habitual Failure
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sounds like how I feel everyday too. I'm not sure exactly what aspect of your post you're seeking advice on though, is it how to deal with this guy? If it is and you met him at group therapy, he should understand if you want to take things really slowly and carefully.

If he said nothing will change, well, I don't know what to say to that. I feel the same way about myself, but I also realize that surrounding myself with extremely negative people in real life would be counterproductive. I'm terrible at giving advice, so I hope I haven't made things worse by posting this.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    So I met someone at group therapy. He's nice, I like him. Or I think I do. He likes me more than I like him, that much is obvious. He wants to see me, he keeps wanting to see me.

But this feeling of panic keeps gnawing at me, and it's bad, horriblly bad. I feel sick, and I can't shake it. I can't be happy because the panic is always there and it's making me absolutely horrible. I want to die. I can't stand this panic at all. It's a crushing feeling in my chest and I want it to go.

I keep thinking "have I done the right thing?"

I don't know what to do at all. I just don't. I hate this...change. I spoke to him and he said nothing will change, but...I just don't know anything.

I don't know what to do.

I need help.
    You said he likes you more than you like him. Do you feel pressured to date him? If so, then maybe your instincts need to be followed. Do you want to be with someone who pushes you?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    There's only one simple equation....

Fear = Failure

If you like this guy don't let that ruin any good opportunity but at the same time, yah let y'rself feel pushed into anything.
    You'll know the answer if, after taking fears and anxieties out of the question, ask y'rself:
    "What do *I* want?"

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Do you think your feelings of panic more are about being with the guy or about being with someone in general?

From what you wrote, it kind of sounds like you don't really like him but maybe feel obligated to give him a chance. Am I on the right track here? You shouldn't try to force feelings where there aren't any just to spare someone else a little pain. Just because he is nice doesn't mean you owe him anything. Nice is the bare minimum you deserve! Some questions to think about: When he says, "nothing will change" do you believe him? Is he sensitive to your need for space? Or does something about his actions not match up to what he tells you? Don't be afraid to follow your gut instincts.

I agree with the others - you don't need an excuse to stop seeing him if something about him makes you uncomfortable. It's about YOU and what YOU want. Not him.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think this is one of those situations where you should listen to your heart AND your brain.
    You obviously have some hesitations about seeing this guy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what you said, it sounds like he's a bit more into you than you are into him.
    It's fine and harmless that you want to give him a chance, but if you're not comfortable pursuing anything more than a friendship, don't.
    You'll know when you find a relationship that's comfortable for you and that will work. It took me a while, but I found one. You'll just know.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.