Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Sweat Block for excessive sweating..

I applied it last night to my underarms, forehead, and hands. I must say damn! I would sweat profusely from my forehead armpits etc. I would apply anti-antiperspirant to my pits and sweat right through it. Horrible night sweats also, causing yellow stains on my under shirts. It was a sunny hot day here. and everywhere I applied the Sweat Block, I stayed dry. without any irritation. I'm amazed. I wish I found this stuff sooner. Riding public transport, My forehead will sweat and beads of sweat will roll down my face cheeks, ugh while everyone on the bus was fine, very embarrassing. Anyway. This has helped a lot! No sweat. Even in the sun. Now it's only been one day of use. But if it keeps up as it has today, than I will continue to use it.`

I would reccomend it to anyone who suffers from excessive sweating or night sweats!

Also read the reviews on Amazon for more info. The reviews are what prompted my to purchase it.

Reviews on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/SweatBlock-Ant...DateDescending
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey, I'll have to look into this! Thanks, Sagan.
    I get horrible night sweats, especially since I have nightmares/night terrors most of the time and I panic in my sleep. I wake up smelling like a hockey locker room in the morning, LOL. Being a guy is gross sometimes haha.
    I also sweat excessively when I exercise. Even when I walk the dogs. I think it's from my meds.
    I'm going to see about trying this now that you've mentioned it.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if there is something to help hotflashes.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    No herbs Just synthetic compounds unfortunately.

"The sky calls to us

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This arrived on my doorstep yesterday. Tried it last night. Pleasant smell, reminds me of gingerbread cookies . Doesn't burn and itch as much as Drysol, but still enough for me to need an anti-itch cream. You apply it at night. How are you supposed to resist the constant urge to scratch when you're trying to sleep? I wiped most of it off, but today I think I'm a bit dryer than usual. God this stuff drives me mad because I KNOW that it works. I can tell. It's too powerful not to. Drysol is even better but I just can't use it due to side effects. But it also makes me want to rip my fucking skin off GOD DAMMIT. What is with all these products? Guess I can't expect much more from a bunch of chemicals but wow. Men with HH are lucky you guys don't have to shave and have broken/irritated skin all the time. I shave under my arms every day. Even if I stop shaving for a few days, these topical hyperhidrosis treatments are still torturous. I will give Sweat Block a fair chance once I've got my hands on more Lanacane.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm sorry you are having to deal with skin irritation. I never had that problem with it. I have discovered that it does not in fact last a whole 7 days but 4 at most. Still wonderful when applied to my forehead. If I had to take public transit. Sweat would literally bead and pour down my face, into my eyes down my cheeks, everywhere. On an air conditioned bus. everyone else was fine. But here I am wiping my face every few seconds. People must of thought I were on drugs or something. Or a fountain popped out of the top of my head and began running.

Anyway. His has been helpful to me. I was expecting more. But it's ok so far. I find the smell kinda, odd I can't put my finger on it but defiantly a chemickly smell. ( know I cannot spell)

"The sky calls to us

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    If I had to guess, I'd say it smells like cloves. I'm glad it's worked for you. Hyperhidrosis is usually difficult to treat. Four days sounds a bit more realistic than a full week. Damn, yeah public transit is awful for HH - buses are always about a million degrees. I've got some anti-itch stuff now so I'm going to try SweatBlock again tonight. Hopefully I don't forget, since if something isn't a part of my usual routine I typically don't think about it. Tomorrow would be a good day to test it out as we're getting some warm, sunny weather again. I could walk to the store and see if I notice a reduction in my sweating.

I will still be taking glycopyrrolate though. Oral pill. You can't beat full-body sweat reduction even if it does come with a zillion side effects.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if this is a stupid question. Does this would work with stress/anxiety sweating? I sweat profusely when I'm anxious (which is pretty much anytime I'm out of the house). I usually wear a jacket or cardigan to comfort myself and hide my underarm sweating. This isn't an issue in the colder months but it's summer right now. It's embarrassing when customers ask why I am wearing a jacket when it's so hot out. I have done this since I was in junior high. I would love to find something to break the jacket habit.
    physically present
    mentally gone
    emotionally unstable

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Blushy View Post
    I don't know if this is a stupid question. Does this would work with stress/anxiety sweating? I sweat profusely when I'm anxious (which is pretty much anytime I'm out of the house). I usually wear a jacket or cardigan to comfort myself and hide my underarm sweating. This isn't an issue in the colder months but it's summer right now. It's embarrassing when customers ask why I am wearing a jacket when it's so hot out. I have done this since I was in junior high. I would love to find something to break the jacket habit.
    I used to do the same things in junior high, which only ever made the issue worse. I basically just always wear tank tops or loose-fitting t-shirts now. Something that won't necessarily get stained, but I suppose if you sweat enough that may still happen. I would say these topical products work for sweating no matter what the cause is. I know I definitely sweat more when I'm anxious or embarrassed, too. This site advertised these special shirts a while back that were supposedly designed to hide your underarm sweat stains:
    http://www.sweathelp.org/en/

Womens' line:
    http://www.smartweavestore.com/categ...cur=USD&Page=1

Personally I think the price is outrageous, but if that's the sort of help you need and couldn't find a way to treat your HH I guess it would be worth it.

Drysol and Certain Dri are similar to Sweat Block, and you can get them at basically any drug store or Wal-Mart.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Blushy View Post

I am totally a nervous sweater. The minute I get a stressful message, read a stressful thing about a friend, or 99% of social situations, I sweat profusely from my armpits. I tried Certain Dri, and it worked only one day out of the months I tried it.

I ordered Sweat Block and got it yesterday. It said that if it doesn't work on the first try, you should try it two or three days after that. I put it on last night for the first time and when I went out, I sweated profusely like always. I'm gonna keep trying it for a few days, but I want to find something so badly to help. I don't want to live in black forever!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to try this and am glad I found this thread. Now that the warmer weather is here, the situation is even worse. For me, it's worst on my back. I sweat through my shirts constantly. Last week, I had to put a cardigan on to hide the sweat stains at work. It's another thing to feel paranoid about.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.