Thread: afraid

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

afraid

I am safraid of going anywheres outside of my house. Now don't get me wrong I can go out to a couple places by I can't be driving and I'd have to be with my dad. I haven't been to work in two weeks and I don't want to drive by myself to work because it's like fifteen minutes away and about 25 with morning traffic. I'd probably be fine with my dad driving me but idk what to do once I'm at work. Obviously he can't hold my hand all day and I'm not a little baby haha I don't need my daddy with me everywhere he is more of my "safe buddy" if you will. But idk if I can handle being at work all day.

I've heard people say I'll be fine once I'm working and it'll keep my mind busy but I just don't know. I fear of having a panic attack not because I think I'll die or something I know it only lasts like ten minutes and I know nothing bad will happen. I just hate that feeling of panic and anxiety so much that I've been trying to avoid it all together.

People also keep telling me to just get up and go but it's not that easy when you don't have much confidence. I know I need to start believing in myself but I just can't build up enough courage to just "go do it"

nothing's Avatar Habitual Failure
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That looks extremely familiar to me, it's how I felt back in 2002; the last time I could hold a job. I kept forcing myself to go everyday, I'd have my panic attacks in a back room away from everyone, but eventually I couldn't stand it anymore and stopped going. That was it, they called me and told me I no longer had a job which was a relief and an anxiety producer at the same time.

I don't know much about you, you say your father is a "safe buddy", but that obviously isn't cutting it, have you sought any type of professional help?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    555 Post(s)
    i think you've done really well. if you still have the option to work, maybe let your dad drive you and just make a goal of getting in the door. If it's not going to work at that point turn around and walk out. this stuff isn't easy. people say we need to get over it but they haven't been through it. glad you have a supportive dad. welcome to the site.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hey & welcome to the site . Having anxiety about anxiety itself isn't a walk in the park, eh? I know people mean well, but we already know that we should just "go do it". The problem is reaching the point where our desire/need to do something outweighs the amount of possible anxiety associated with it. And as much as they'd like to, they can't really help much with that. You could probably benefit from some soft of counseling. Have you considered talking to someone about your anxiety?

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Welcome, Fluffy
    I second what Kesky and Illusion have said, anxiety does not make life any easier for us. Fortunately, you're in good company here!
    I think you definitely seem like the kind of person who could benefit from having a therapist/counselor to talk to. It seems like you have already identified what is causing the problems you're having and you just need someone to speak with about it and work things out.
    It sounds like your dad is a good support
    Work is difficult when you have anxiety. I know this. I recently switched jobs and found one that I have less anxiety about though. Working when you have an anxiety disorder is all about finding a job you can handle. You don't need to push yourself to do something you don't want to because it will make you more anxious.
    All of us on here are always listening if you need someone to talk to We're a pretty supportive bunch!
    You can always PM me or anyone else on here if you need anything. We're more than willing to offer support
    Keddy
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Welcome

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you're here.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.