Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SadSad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi...

Hey everyone...I'm Evie, and...well...there's a lot "wrong" with me...

I guess I should start off the story (if you want to call it that) with the first thing that started. I had really bad anger issues, and very bad mood swings...Still to this day, my depression can be VERY out of hand. I was also suffering from visual and auditory hallucinations. I was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 disorder and Psychosis in 8th grade. I was taken out of public school in 9th grade, and home-schooled.

In 10th grade, I returned to my old school, but only for a few months. I started to get very freaked out of being in classrooms with all the people. I felt like the teachers and the other students were all watching me, judging me. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I remember one incident in particular. It was 1st period, art class, and there was a substitute teacher. My regular teacher understood relatively well that I wasn't handling things well, and would let me leave to go talk to the counselor, who seemed to be my only friend there. I asked the teacher if I could leave to go to the counselor, and she said no. I started to freak out. Not like, in a physical way. But my mind was going crazy. I started to silently cry, and tried to pay attention to the project, but I couldn't. I asked her again, and she let me go that time. But when I got to the office, she wasn't there. She had a meeting that morning. And I knew that the other counselor would be away too. I started to freak out even more, and went into the bathroom and just started to bawl. I couldn't stop shaking. There was also another incident, where I wasn't in the building for more than 20 minutes, and they had already called my dad to come get me. I wasn't even feeling that bad that day. I was soon diagnosed with social anxiety and panic attacks.

After being in public school for that little bit of time again, I was once again taken out and put in a different online school. Luckily with that school, I was able to finish high school a year early. (I was 16 when I graduated.) It's the only thing I can say I've accomplished.

Recently, more things have started to happen. I had a suicide attempt quite a few months ago, and then about 2 months ago, I started to have seizures. I was diagnosed with epilepsy, and had to be rushed to the hospital one night after having roughly 14 seizures.

I also have an extreme phobia of heights, closed spaces, elevators, and clowns...(That last one sounds so stupid, but I can't help it)

So...that's about it, really. I've been kind of cooped up in my house for the past 2 years now. I don't like to get out, because I feel like people will see how ugly or idiotic I am, and will start to talk about me, or even talk to me. I can't stand it. But I long for interaction. I just can't bring myself to it.

Hope I get to meet some people who can help though. thanks

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Hey sweety - thank you for sharing your story. I hope you can gain something positive from here. IF you need anything message or pm me anytime

Take care
    J.x
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey Evie......for luck we got internet...if we stay in house all day yay

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Hey Evie *hugs*

Recently, more things have started to happen. I had a suicide attempt quite a few months ago, and then about 2 months ago, I started to have seizures. I was diagnosed with epilepsy, and had to be rushed to the hospital one night after having roughly 14 seizures.
    Seizures can play with mental health and depression. Have you had any seizures since or on anti seizure medication? This could be playing a big role in your anxiety and health...

I also graduated at 16

*hugs* I hope things get better for you.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SadSad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Aella View Post
    Hey Evie *hugs*

Seizures can play with mental health and depression. Have you had any seizures since or on anti seizure medication? This could be playing a big role in your anxiety and health...

I also graduated at 16

*hugs* I hope things get better for you.
    I haven't had a seizure for a little over a month now. I'm on 2 anti seizure medications now. One I was already on for dealing with Bipolar.

nothing's Avatar Habitual Failure
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Welcome. Your story sounds familiar, I wasn't home schooled, back when I was in high school there weren't as many resources for that type of thing, but I was pulled out of public school and placed in a private school. I hated that too, but I graduated. I'll spare you the rest of my story because it won't help you, but once again, welcome.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Evie2420 View Post
    I haven't had a seizure for a little over a month now. I'm on 2 anti seizure medications now. One I was already on for dealing with Bipolar.
    Do you mind saying what medication your on? I also deal with seizures and doctors have been trying to sort out medication for me.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Welcome, Evie! Thank you for sharing your story. I'm Cal and FWIW I know social anxiety and panic attacks pretty well myself and I feel like this place helps a lot. There are a lot of wonderful, supportive people here.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SadSad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lamictal and Depakote. (I don't know if I spelled Lamictal right...) I'm on a really low dose of Lamictal though because I'm on a really high dose of Depakote.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Evie2420 View Post
    Lamictal and Depakote. (I don't know if I spelled Lamictal right...) I'm on a really low dose of Lamictal though because I'm on a really high dose of Depakote.
    Lamictal is a medication my doctor and I are talking over Monday to start using D: Do you find it helpful? They claim that it is very helpful not only with seizures, sever head aches, mood disorders, and bipolar.

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey there Evie
    My name is Keddy. Nice to meet you!
    Thanks for sharing your story with us! It sounds like you've been through a lot and you could use some support. You've definitely come to the right place! And don't worry about being afraid of clowns sounding stupid, I'm afraid of them too LOL.
    It's great that you feel comfortable sharing about yourself and your struggles here. We're a really supportive bunch here and always happy to help! You can message me or anyone else any time if you need to talk about something or even if you just want to chat
    I hope you find the support and friendship that you deserve here! Welcome!
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    SadSad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Aella View Post
    Lamictal is a medication my doctor and I are talking over Monday to start using D: Do you find it helpful? They claim that it is very helpful not only with seizures, sever head aches, mood disorders, and bipolar.
    It's been helpful! I had really REALLY bad headaches along with the seizures. The headaches lasted longer than a month, probably. I think it helps along with the Depakote!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hi Evie and welcome!
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Evie2420 View Post
    It's been helpful! I had really REALLY bad headaches along with the seizures. The headaches lasted longer than a month, probably. I think it helps along with the Depakote!
    So after a seizure the head aches would last (after math) for a month? That is the issue I'm getting.. I don't have frequent seizures (nor are they sever seizure) once every few months and after having them I can get head aches that are prolonged that don't give relief for 2-3 weeks at a time.. then slows down, but never *fully* goes away.. then by the time they just about do.. a week or two later.. another seizure >.<

The seizures can play a huge role in mental health

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    welcome ot the site. im new too. im sorry to hear you have had anxiety since a child

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.