Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What should I say

It's not really a frustration and setback with anxiety but I defiantly need some advice as to what to say.
    I work in a car supplies and bike shop for any of you that may know of halfords I work there. Now As you can imagine it's a very male environment which is good because it helps me handle dealing with men which can be a big trigger for me so I'm getting better because of work.
    there's only three female staff out of 15 staff. So I often have men either blank me when they see another male worker, say hi to me and speak to another male collage that they see (apparently I'm only a greater at the door) or even worse cut off after telling me what they need to interrupt another male member of staff who may or may not be busy at the time.
    Many male colleges don't do anything about this most of the time so they don't upset the customer.
    However I'm getting sick of having to put up with this discrimination which is what it is. I'm just as knowledgeable as male members of staff if not more so in some cases and yet the only obvious difference is I'm a girl. So what can I say to a costumer which is short, non offensive but gets the point across ?? (As well as not annoy my manager)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Mmmmm reminds me of when I was in boots. I was looking for a shop assistant and when I could only see a male attended I walked the whole shop to find a female as I assumed she would know better. I feel bad now but I dont think it will be easy to change stereotypes but do stand up for yourself.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's what I want to do, find a way to change peoples opinion and views but apparently that's not going to happen on it's own as I become a more recognised face. if I did say something I'd have the support of most staff just as long as I did it respectfully and non offensively I just need to find a way to do it

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm even more annoyed now. I was told my company should make all women wear tops which showed a lot of cleavage and only hire 'birds with big tits' it's only after they left that I let it register that I should apparently be wearing a slutty top... In a car garage and bike shop. Defiantly need some ideas

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Chloe View Post
    I'm even more annoyed now. I was told my company should make all women wear tops which showed a lot of cleavage and only hire 'birds with big tits' it's only after they left that I let it register that I should apparently be wearing a slutty top... In a car garage and bike shop. Defiantly need some ideas
    Who said this?
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Two morons that came in today that were my age. One collage that was there looked from me to them shocked probably waiting for me to catch on and flip like I would have done but I couldn't quite believe what they were seriously saying

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just thought I'd add. This is my uniform. Very unflattering non showy and unisex so therefore I didn't deserve those comments. Really wish I had something lined up to say

nothing's Avatar Habitual Failure
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They may have been attempting to piss you off so you'd argue with them, some people practically feed off of conflict like that. Ignoring them may have been the best move.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't ignore them at the time I made a joke out of it involving the male collage next to me they wouldn't have reacted to me acting. I'm going to speak to the manager tomorrow and ask if I could have refused to serve them and if he would have been okay with it in that situation. None of them are attempts to get a reaction out of me it's either their version of flirting which is what I think that was, or the ignoring or snide comments are just a joke at my expense or rudeness. But I don't think I should accept that at all

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It's funny how with people, the more things change the more they stay the same.
    I thought the whole women are weaker, less knowledgable, or any other such discrimination thing of that sort ended with the 50s.
    But it really doesn't. Humans are still animals. we'll only advance as a species when we use the fact we can think and reason to be more than what we are. We were given the tools to be so, too bad such ain't used.

I'm not even sure what to say as such....it's such......ignorant behavior.
    Sorry to hear this.....It must be rally darn frustrating. ><

nothing's Avatar Habitual Failure
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You know whats really sad? The assholes that said this have NOT given it a second thought. That's a quality that horrible people have that I kind of envy, I can't stand most of what they do, but they know how to not care about what other people think. Frustrating.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well it was all just a laugh to them, they chatted up 'a bird' and got something for their shitty car. Most of the people that come in and say or do stuff like that either don't realise or think it's okay because they got the product and I won't have noticed

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I spoke to one of the deputy managers as I was well within my right to refuse service a collage said he would have refused as well (despite the head manager not approving of that)

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.