Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Working with anxiety.

So I am currently working, but I fear my anxiety may be keeping me from doing my job correctly.
    I can't focus at work, (and I'm a teacher's aide so I need to pay attention to the kids!) and I get so anxious that I end up having to use the bathroom every few minutes because I get diarrhea when I'm anxious and I find I have a hard time talking with my co-workers. Even when they try to laugh and joke with me, I end up getting anxious and later bash my head in because I can't communicate with them at all.

I'm thinking of quitting my job. The anxiety is just too much and I want to find another job that's a little more easy going and not so tedious. Something that I don't have to be too involved in, you know?

Should I try to stick it out at this job and maybe the anxiety will get better? Or should I just look for a new job?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh I have so been in this position. I usually don't have bowel issues though. I would just stick it out. It's funny I'm usually more relaxed around kids because they are always doing whatever enters their heads and not so "out to get you" as some grown ups are.

As for the people who are out for a laugh and joke, if they aren't being "hostile or mean" just smile. I hate when jokey types are really just out to make you feel insecure about something.

As for the you liking the job just make sure that anxiety isn't the main reason you quit, because you will regret not sticking it out if it was the main reason you quit. If it was just something you found tedious and boring that is a better reason to quit.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sorry your anxiety is becoming an issue in the work place. BUT I don't think you should quit unless you find another job first. Stick it out and look for something suited more for you.
    physically present
    mentally gone
    emotionally unstable

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i think stick it out as long as you can. ive heard about people having anxiety slowly takin over their lives so i always try to stick it out and not avoid something just because i'll freak out. so when i started getting more and more anxious about working with alot of guys when they are getting mad/frustrated or were in a close space together i left it. i now dont stress out as much around them or men, i think its helped it just took a while of hindering. try sticking it out, you need a minute to take a breather just excuse yourself to the loo

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you enjoy your job regardless of the anxiety and would like it to work, I would go to the dr's and have a chat. They will more than likely try and give you something to relax you a little and maybe ask if you would like some external support. I had similar symptoms and talk to my dr was the best thing I could have done, if the dr is any good they will sort you out and help you.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If you like what you do, then I agree to stick it out. If you dread going to work, maybe that's not the job for you. I wouldn't quit though without looking for another one. Is it the kids that make you anxious? I've taught before and I agree that it's a very stressful job.

But if you love what you do and you love being with the kids, maybe figure out what part of the job is stressing you out. Is it communicating with the other adults? The schedule?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.