Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Naww he's so cute!

Last night I found an old black dress that used to be *ahem* "snug" I've lost some weight so decided to try it on. Fits well!

It's smart and black so I wore it to work today,

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Monowheat View Post
    Naww he's so cute!

Last night I found an old black dress that used to be *ahem* "snug" I've lost some weight so decided to try it on. Fits well!

It's smart and black so I wore it to work today,
    That's gotta be one of the best feelings in the world. Congrats!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yesterday, a sign holder guy on the corner of a busy intersection pointed to me sitting in my daughter's passenger seat, and began a silly dance. As we turned into the flow of traffic, he waved goodbye to me. I was grinning the whole time.

Our daughter's dog has finally stopped barking all night, every night.

I bought an alligator costume for my cat, Hemingway. He's too "fluffy" for it (the straps won't reach across his belly), but it seriously makes me happy watching him walk around in it. I don't even want to take it back for a bigger size - I'll just add some elastic to the straps so his alligator tail will swish right. Hehehe

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Nightingale View Post
    Yesterday, a sign holder guy on the corner of a busy intersection pointed to me sitting in my daughter's passenger seat, and began a silly dance. As we turned into the flow of traffic, he waved goodbye to me. I was grinning the whole time.

Our daughter's dog has finally stopped barking all night, every night.

I bought an alligator costume for my cat, Hemingway. He's too "fluffy" for it (the straps won't reach across his belly), but it seriously makes me happy watching him walk around in it. I don't even want to take it back for a bigger size - I'll just add some elastic to the straps so his alligator tail will swish right. Hehehe

Omg. This is amazing. xD

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote IllusionOfHappiness View Post

Omg. This is amazing. xD

If I can bore you with a story about this cat - One awful day after I'd lost my job, I missed a lunch date with an important friend because I couldn't get my head together enough to be on time, was isolated from my close friends, drank a gallon of Ultimate Margaritas at Chilis (where I missed our lunch), and then wandered around my side of town without any direction or purpose, just completely despairing. For whatever reason, I ended up at Pets Mart, fairly new to us at the time. I walked in, and saw immediately to my right the adoption center.

I'd never even had my own cat. My children's cat had given birth to kittens a few years back but they all died fairly soon after their birth. So I wasn't really in the market for that kind of grief again. But I looked over, and there were two cats laying around in the cat treehouse thing, waiting for adoption, and they looked so chill...they just looked like 'home' - if that makes any sense.

A young guy opened the door for me, and the chubbiest one of the two kinda eyeballed me while the other one immediately began purring and winding around my leg. But I was locked on the chubby one - instant connection. He let me pick him up, playing it cool, and that was that. I brought him home with no warning to my family, named him after my favorite author, and during some of my absolute WORST days since, he's been with me. I thought he hated me for the longest time because he wouldn't come to me, wouldn't snuggle with me, but it didn't take too long before he was giving me kitty head-butt nuzzles pretty regularly, and he always - always - sleeps beside me. Even during nightmares when I'd accidentally kick him off the bed and wake up. He'd sit there looking at me, so I would pick him up and toss him back on the bed. Then he'd wedge himself right up against my back, or in between my legs, like nothing ever happened.

I google tutorials on how to make toys for him, I load bird videos on my nook and laptop for him to watch, we hung bird feeders outside so he can watch the wild birds in the windows, he has his own disgustingly hairy chair next to the backdoor where he takes his naps, he's bitten me and we've had tiffs because he's old and often grouchy and hates baths. Every night before bed he gets a handful of treats and licks my palm softly and then endures my hugging on him for as long as he can take - usually about two minutes. He meows, "No, no, no" every time I kiss his furry face while I'm hugging him. I knit him sweaters and cowls during our cold winters, he glares at me when I take pictures of him wearing them, and he has a pet fish named "Tidbit" who we feed together every night. I almost bought him a pet parakeet yesterday, but decided against it because we're moving soon. I'm trying to figure out a way for me to Facetime him when we go on trips and he stays home.

I spoil this cat because, honestly? I drunker than [BEEP] when I wandered into that pet store for no logical reason, about to burst into tears because I felt so abandoned and homeless inside, and I think Hemingway saved my life when he looked up at me like, "Yeah, I'll take you, but you got to get it together, lady."

He does loathe the alligator costume right now, however. But he tolerates sweaters pretty well so I think I'm going to sew it to the top of a 'shirt' that will slide over his head, and then he'll be cool with it. I swear, on some level, this cat grudgingly enjoys humoring me.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

If I can bore you with a story about this cat - One awful day after I'd lost my job, I missed a lunch date with an important friend because I couldn't get my head together enough to be on time, was isolated from my close friends, drank a gallon of Ultimate Margaritas at Chilis (where I missed our lunch), and then wandered around my side of town without any direction or purpose, just completely despairing. For whatever reason, I ended up at Pets Mart, fairly new to us at the time. I walked in, and saw immediately to my right the adoption center.

I'd never even had my own cat. My children's cat had given birth to kittens a few years back but they all died fairly soon after their birth. So I wasn't really in the market for that kind of grief again. But I looked over, and there were two cats laying around in the cat treehouse thing, waiting for adoption, and they looked so chill...they just looked like 'home' - if that makes any sense.

A young guy opened the door for me, and the chubbiest one of the two kinda eyeballed me while the other one immediately began purring and winding around my leg. But I was locked on the chubby one - instant connection. He let me pick him up, playing it cool, and that was that. I brought him home with no warning to my family, named him after my favorite author, and during some of my absolute WORST days since, he's been with me. I thought he hated me for the longest time because he wouldn't come to me, wouldn't snuggle with me, but it didn't take too long before he was giving me kitty head-butt nuzzles pretty regularly, and he always - always - sleeps beside me. Even during nightmares when I'd accidentally kick him off the bed and wake up. He'd sit there looking at me, so I would pick him up and toss him back on the bed. Then he'd wedge himself right up against my back, or in between my legs, like nothing ever happened.

I google tutorials on how to make toys for him, I load bird videos on my nook and laptop for him to watch, we hung bird feeders outside so he can watch the wild birds in the windows, he has his own disgustingly hairy chair next to the backdoor where he takes his naps, he's bitten me and we've had tiffs because he's old and often grouchy and hates baths. Every night before bed he gets a handful of treats and licks my palm softly and then endures my hugging on him for as long as he can take - usually about two minutes. He meows, "No, no, no" every time I kiss his furry face while I'm hugging him. I knit him sweaters and cowls during our cold winters, he glares at me when I take pictures of him wearing them, and he has a pet fish named "Tidbit" who we feed together every night. I almost bought him a pet parakeet yesterday, but decided against it because we're moving soon. I'm trying to figure out a way for me to Facetime him when we go on trips and he stays home.

I spoil this cat because, honestly? I drunker than [BEEP] when I wandered into that pet store for no logical reason, about to burst into tears because I felt so abandoned and homeless inside, and I think Hemingway saved my life when he looked up at me like, "Yeah, I'll take you, but you got to get it together, lady."

He does loathe the alligator costume right now, however. But he tolerates sweaters pretty well so I think I'm going to sew it to the top of a 'shirt' that will slide over his head, and then he'll be cool with it. I swear, on some level, this cat grudgingly enjoys humoring me.
    I don't mind cat stories one bit. I'm a crazy cat lady . Cat Lady Mode: Engaged. Aww, it sounds like you're very lucky to have Hemingway and vice versa. That's awesome that you make toys for him! I'm not sure how ours would feel about sweaters, haha. They sound adorable though. You have a special bond with your cat. Those headbutts are the cutest, aren't they? Our cats are technically my sister's and will eventually live with her again, but I'm enjoying being their temporary mum for the time being. I didn't like cats until I met my sister's little black Siamese/mystery breed cat. She's so tiny and just full of love. I'd never seen an animal be that affectionate before. It was the exact opposite of what everybody had taught me about cats. She was the runt of the litter, so she only looks to be about a couple of months old. She's really 6 or 7 years. Who says black cats are a sign of bad luck? This little black kitty gives me a reason to smile everyday. She is terrified of mostly everything, so I think that's why my sister and I are so close to her. We all have terrible anxiety .

And then there's Raj, who my sister bought about three years ago. He's my little toasted marshmallow. White/brown, attention-loving ball of mischievous fluff. Also extremely affectionate (Balinese/Siamese mix). He basically acts like a dog. Waits outside your door for hours, cries for your attention, follows you around, etc. He doesn't like bedtime. Sometimes he'll sleep in the stacked laundry baskets outside my bedroom door and stay there till somebody wakes up and gives him some pats. And for some reason he's got a thing for rubbing his face on peoples' feet. I have a video of this somewhere. He would be the prefect cat for a household with children because he actually wants you to maul him. Like Hemingway, he'll endure hugging. And he happens to be quite huggable.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't mind cat stories one bit. I'm a crazy cat lady . Cat Lady Mode: Engaged. Aww, it sounds like you're very lucky to have Hemingway and vice versa. That's awesome that you make toys for him! I'm not sure how ours would feel about sweaters, haha. They sound adorable though. You have a special bond with your cat. Those headbutts are the cutest, aren't they? Our cats are technically my sister's and will eventually live with her again, but I'm enjoying being their temporary mum for the time being. I didn't like cats until I met my sister's little black Siamese/mystery breed cat. She's so tiny and just full of love. I'd never seen an animal be that affectionate before. It was the exact opposite of what everybody had taught me about cats. She was the runt of the litter, so she only looks to be about a couple of months old. She's really 6 or 7 years. Who says black cats are a sign of bad luck? This little black kitty gives me a reason to smile everyday. She is terrified of mostly everything, so I think that's why my sister and I are so close to her. We all have terrible anxiety .

And then there's Raj, who my sister bought about three years ago. He's my little toasted marshmallow. White/brown, attention-loving ball of mischievous fluff. Also extremely affectionate (Balinese/Siamese mix). He basically acts like a dog. Waits outside your door for hours, cries for your attention, follows you around, etc. He doesn't like bedtime. Sometimes he'll sleep in the stacked laundry baskets outside my bedroom door and stay there till somebody wakes up and gives him some pats. And for some reason he's got a thing for rubbing his face on peoples' feet. I have a video of this somewhere. He would be the prefect cat for a household with children because he actually wants you to maul him. Like Hemingway, he'll endure hugging. And he happens to be quite huggable.
    Cats are awesome.

Any pet, I guess for that matter, who loves you back, is awesome.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Cats are awesome.

Agreed

--

Smelling peoples' barbeques on my walk home from the store was my little happy thing today.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Agreed

--

Smelling peoples' barbeques on my walk home from the store was my little happy thing today.

oooOOOOOOoooo! I love that smell, smells like someone cookin' up some good fooood! I love food. hehe

Smells as such can be lil happy things to me too; like that strange wood burning/campfire smell I notice sometimes.....it sorta brings me back memories I don't quite have, but I feel good when I smell such, as if related to a good memory. I like that too. =]

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cats are awesome.

I agree too. Love pets.

No little happy thing yet as my brain still isn't awake.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Skippy View Post
    oooOOOOOOoooo! I love that smell, smells like someone cookin' up some good fooood! I love food. hehe

Smells as such can be lil happy things to me too; like that strange wood burning/campfire smell I notice sometimes.....it sorta brings me back memories I don't quite have, but I feel good when I smell such, as if related to a good memory. I like that too. =]
    Burning wood might be my favourite smell. My neighbours often have little campfires in their yards and I get to smell it all night. Love it.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A good book I like, a cold bedroom with me snuggled in bed, a good long walk with my neighbours two labs with my iPod, a nice sunny day with that bit of breeze, that hug that counts and was all you needed. I'm usually told by my boyfriend how excited and happy I get over 'nothing' so guess there's a lot that can cheer me up

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Right now I am lying in new bed linen and new jammies this makes me feel oh so lovely
    life---> <---me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.