Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is dumb, but kinda funny

...I think, anyway.

Do you hate it when people need something from you and they add the command, "Go!"?

Example - my friend sent me this text the other day: "We're visiting Savannah on our way to Florida. The best place to eat in Savannah...Go!"

Or, a writer friend of mine does this on Facebook: "Need a name for a male firefighter character...Go!"

Every time someone does this to me, I feel like kicking something. I literally hate this "expression", and could rant for a long, long time about it.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    That sounds really annoying lol. I'm glad nobody does that to me! What is this...a race? I don't want to answer to anyone's commands like I'm a dog or something. How about asking politely. I'm sure it's all in good fun and they mean no harm, but to me "go!" equals, "I'm gonna sit back, put my feet up, and let you do the work for me while I take all the credit". It just comes off as a bit rude.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, we don't use this expression in northeastern Pa, yet. The one I hate is dying out. A few years ago "random" was very in. As in look some random guy fell in mall. Or that random girl or that random _________fill in the blank with any noun I was so sick of my kids using this expression.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I don't usually use that expression, but don't go to the first page of my crazy talk thread. That's exactly what I did. I just said "go."

But I meant it to be just a crazy thread where you can do or say whatever you wanted. No rules. Just bizarre-ness.

I came from another forum where I had a thread like that and most of the people here when I joined came from there. I just figured they'd know what I meant.

Yeah, but from your examples I can see how that's annoying. It's like a command and it doesn't give you a choice.

Have you tried saying, "No." Right after their "go" to see how they respond? I'd be so tempted to just say no and when they asked about it, I would say, "it didn't sound like a good place to eat to me" or "can't right now because I'm too busy doing _____________." That reminds them that the world might have their own choices and opinions about things too.

But I can imagine that a person who talks that way, is only using the latest catch phrase. It sounds powerful to them. Sort of like you're their minion.

Maybe you could come back with, "Hey, I quit the minion league a week ago. You can't order me around anymore."
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love that response - "No." Believe it or not, I haven't considered such a simple response I will now, though...hehe

Someone did this to me again today and I sat there for a moment trying to decide what it was, exactly, that pisses me off so much about "Go!" I finally decided it sounds condescending.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.