Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

stuff i realize about music....

I got heavy gauge strings on my archtop. thick piano wire, maan!
    Haha! I love em tho! So many ppl use lights and I.....uggh cant stand em.

I've noticed something tho....
    these days it's like....since the gov stomped out folk music because they were starting to have a voice for people n' shit.....
    I find that music seems to be only for the rich people in the music industry now.
    The average person doesn't play instruments and write and sing songs in the way they used to anymore and that makes me sad.
    'The way they used to' being that it was an 'everyone' thing. It was normal that families, friends and strangers would write music together, get together and play and sing n such..... It belonged to the people, like so many other things that were taken away. We still keep letting the industries, corps and gov do that....why??

Moreover, some people are downright weird about the fact I do. They can [BEEP] 'emselves tho, I'm gonna do it the rest of my days, and thankfully I've got good results playin' publically for people who seem to love my funny chicken scratchin' thumb pickin' style.

I just really hope such doesn't get phased out and forgotten....

But yeah.... music should be for everyone!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I agree that music doesn't seem to be "for the people" anymore. I used to think I would never be good enough to play music, even if just for myself. Then I discovered punk rock. I love punk because it's just about expressing yourself.
    I think we are so used to heavily-produced music that people don't think they can play music themselves with a $100 guitar and some YouTube videos.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote QuietCalamity View Post
    I agree that music doesn't seem to be "for the people" anymore. I used to think I would never be good enough to play music, even if just for myself. Then I discovered punk rock. I love punk because it's just about expressing yourself.
    I think we are so used to heavily-produced music that people don't think they can play music themselves with a $100 guitar and some YouTube videos.
    haha! heavily produced! that's exactly what it is..... and [BEEP] any 12 year old can do it. Also, people are too used to such as if that's all they need as such but to just listen.... it doesn't replace the joy of being a musician.

Maybe a silly question, but do you play guitar?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

stuff i realize about music....

Quote Skippy View Post
    Maybe a silly question, but do you play guitar?
    Yessir. And the ukulele. And the piano but not as much.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote QuietCalamity View Post
    Yessir. And the ukulele. And the piano but not as much.
    Ohhh yeah! I had forgotten I saw your thead in the other section.
    I'd like to do more vids or recordings for AS, but it hasn't been easy since my accident. I forget stuff of late as a result.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure. My daughter and her friends listen to a lot of stuff on the internet. It seems to be a lot of kids with instruments and an internet connection. It's nothing much like the stuff on the popular radio stations which I myself gave up listening to some time ago. Now don't get me wrong a lot of the stuff she listens to is down right horrible. I think she plays the ones I hate mostly just to bug me. There is this kid from a reservation in Arizona, he's just awful. He wails out lyrics not in time to the music. Then there is the novelty act, he sings various weird stuff like "Triangular Eyebrows" See what your missing out on because you don't have a teen.

She takes over the car's music and I think picks out whatever will bug my Mom the most. I figure it's payback for the years I would diss my Mom's Abba, and Judy Collins and Andy Williams.

I like all kinds of music though. I went to a bluegrass event in an old school house where bands would get up and play on stage. You also could walk around the old classrooms and find the musicians, real old ones along with some young ones sitting in small groups talking and sharing pointers and playing songs together.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    haha....oiii, that'd drive me crazy if kids i had would do that. I'd raise em to follow in my footsteps tho n' learn to play guitar, autoharp n' banjo like me.

I've joined a couple bluegrass groups, but for now until I heal I've decided to put that stuff off. Such things are really fun tho.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.