Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Telling my doctor?

I've been putting off going to the doctors about all my problems for about 5 years now and I think I have something wrong, but I don't really know how to go about this. Do I just say "I think I have social anxiety" what if he asks what makes me think this, what do I say when I phone to make an appointment, because I've shown signs of depression too or I don't know, I'm not really sure how to go about this.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would just phone for an appointment and tell the receptionist it's a private matter. When you see the doctor he'll probably just ask what he can do for you and start by telling how that you've been feeling a little more off lately, more than usual. Tell him you've felt like this the past 5yrs or so but it's gotten gradually worse. He will most likely ask what makes you feel this way and if you say you don't know the cause then chances are he'll give you a small survey thing to fill out and they add up the points thing from your answers and they can diagnose from there whether it's depression or not. Just tell him your symptoms and he'll diagnose from there.

Remember though, they see this all the time so don't be afraid of telling them how you really feel
    They're there to help you and they won't judge you whatsoever! Although it's easier said than done, phone them up first thing in the morning and request an appointment, the quicker you see a doctor the sooner you can be on the mend

Good luck!!
    Remember, you're not the only one out there
    x
    Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." ~ John Wood

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    You shouldn't have to tell the receptionist what you're making an appointment for. Just call up and ask for an appointment, and they should just check you in.

Then tell them you've been having problems with anxiety and depression, and that it's been affecting your daily life, and you want help for it. They may give you a questionaire to fill in, or they ask you questions about symptoms. They may then either recommend therapy, or prescribe medication (if they prescribe meds, make sure you're 1) okay with that 2) that they make a follow up appointment a few weeks after starting them).
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.