Thread: Self Care :)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Self Care :)

What do you guys do to look after yourself? What do you need to do daily or less often in order to keep things positive and ticking along? I find that taking time out for me is very important. I also try to make my daily takes positive in order to lift my mood, such as dressing in a style that I like.

For me some of the things I do are:
    - Look after my appearance. I am trying to adapt to a new style that I like and it is fun and makes me feel good.
    - I exercise and try and eat healthy. This benefits my physical and mental health.
    - I make sure I have my alone time. Going on line, reading, listening to music, watching something, I need to be away from people in order to get my energy back after a day around others.
    -I have started a mindfulness course and find the meditation part of it really nice. I am also trying to learn how to be more assertive
    - I love creating things, so I have project that I am working on at the moment. Keeping my mind busy and focused is important for me and having something to show at the end for someone else makes me feel good
    - Smile, I try to smile all the time and pass my smile on to others.

Now you guys share. I am excited to hear and maybe get some new ideas!!

Take Care
    L.x

P.S.
    good.jpg
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's awesome!!
    I'm starting to take better care of myself. I do yoga first thing (most) mornings. I wake up early so I don't have to start the day rushed. Now that I have good insurance I've started seeing a chiropractor and possibly a therapist soon. I splurge a little on nice-smelling things bc they lift my mood. I like to make my own beauty stuff with essential oils (body scrub, hair treatment, face cleanser - lavender in all the things!). And I'm even starting to get back to the gym regularly and make time for reading or playing guitar on the weekends. And I take vitamins/ krill oil. I didn't realize I already did so much.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    What do you guys do to look after yourself? What do you need to do daily or less often in order to keep things positive and ticking along? I find that taking time out for me is very important. I also try to make my daily takes positive in order to lift my mood, such as dressing in a style that I like.

For me some of the things I do are:
    - Look after my appearance. I am trying to adapt to a new style that I like and it is fun and makes me feel good.
    - I exercise and try and eat healthy. This benefits my physical and mental health.
    - I make sure I have my alone time. Going on line, reading, listening to music, watching something, I need to be away from people in order to get my energy back after a day around others.
    -I have started a mindfulness course and find the meditation part of it really nice. I am also trying to learn how to be more assertive
    - I love creating things, so I have project that I am working on at the moment. Keeping my mind busy and focused is important for me and having something to show at the end for someone else makes me feel good
    - Smile, I try to smile all the time and pass my smile on to others.

Now you guys share. I am excited to hear and maybe get some new ideas!!

Take Care
    L.x

P.S.
    good.jpg
    Thanks for this topic, lasair! I do most all of this except rather than taking a mindfulness course, I started going back to Celebrate Recovery.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote QuietCalamity View Post
    I like to make my own beauty stuff with essential oils (body scrub, hair treatment, face cleanser - lavender in all the things!).
    How do you make these things? this is something I would like to do?
    life---> <---me

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.