Thread: New poster

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New poster

Hello all, im a 29 year old male with three children. suffered from post traumatic stress from a very young age which led to my anxiety, body dysmorphia and OCD. Basically ive been looking for a forum to maybe let things out once in a while and just have a good chat about anything and everything.

Ive had EMDR, CBT therapy and i am hell of alot better than what I was but obviously still have 'one of those days' from time to time as im medicated but found the right one pretty quickly

Lifes a rollercoaster and im here to chat, tell and whatever else it is you do on here.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We're all laid back and supportive here. Like a really good office chair. We're here whenever you need us and we all get 'those days' so can completely understand. Hope you like it here at AS
    "I will not let my bad days consume me."

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Hey, welcome to the group. Hope you find it useful can I ask what is EMDR ? Take care, L.x
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Hey, welcome to the group. Hope you find it useful can I ask what is EMDR ? Take care, L.x
    Thankyou :-)

Lasair

EMDR (EYE MOVEMENT, DECENSATIZATION, REPROSESSING)

basically its learning to cope with thoughts that you keep getting but dont want as your eyes are following a line of small dotted type lights of light from left to right.

It helps me to keep calm when getting intrusive thoughts about myself or something or someone else.

The treatment was hard and at times really traumatising because basically my therapist is purposely wanting me to think about the reasons why im there in the first place but at the same time im having to focus on the light with my eyes which keeps me calm.

I had 12 sessions and paid private I I could no longer wait for the NHS.

hope this helps.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Monowheat View Post

We're all laid back and supportive here. Like a really good office chair. We're here whenever you need us and we all get 'those days' so can completely understand. Hope you like it here at AS
    Thanks monow, a good office chair is exactly what im looking for, definatly need people to talk to from time to time.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Welcome! I had never heard of EMDR. Sounds interesting, but very difficult!

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote QuietCalamity View Post
    Welcome! I had never heard of EMDR. Sounds interesting, but very difficult!
    I found it extremely difficult at times, sometimes it was sad, sometimes I had vents of anger, all sirts of emotions in such a short space. I didnt always keep calm put it that way.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Welcome. Not at the worst of it all either, but still have one of those days from time to time. Also, EMDR is a new one to me as well, gonna have to look into that one.

I had 12 sessions and paid private I I could no longer wait for the NHS.
    Always good to see a fellow British person around. As for waiting times...tell me about it. Thankfully, it seems easier to move from therapy to therapy once you're in the system and got past the four month or however long it is now waiting list.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Welcome. Not at the worst of it all either, but still have one of those days from time to time. Also, EMDR is a new one to me as well, gonna have to look into that one.

Always good to see a fellow British person around. As for waiting times...tell me about it. Thankfully, it seems easier to move from therapy to therapy once you're in the system and got past the four month or however long it is now waiting list.
    Cheers pal, im surprised at not many knowing about EMDR treatment, however it did improve my outlook somewhat.

The NHS are a pain in the [BEEP] but the therapist I saw was extremely good and £600 lighter it was worth it.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote On a level View Post

The NHS are a pain in the [BEEP] but the therapist I saw was extremely good and £600 lighter it was worth it.
    Ha ha try the HSE (ireland). Either way thanks for sharing I'm going to have to look into that more sounds interesting.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Ha ha try the HSE (ireland). Either way thanks for sharing I'm going to have to look into that more sounds interesting.
    Im glad I have given an insight to people about it, its put a more positive spin on my day.

No problems at all lasair, any time.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Welcome to the site! = ]

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Skippy View Post
    Welcome to the site! = ]
    Thankyou skippy.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hi and welcome to the site. I was treated for awhile with EMDR by a sexually perverted male therapist. The treatment did nothing for me and the therapist got reported to the state for using EMDR to rub his penis against me. I'm sure it's helpful to some people, but those who use it for the wrong reasons can screw up people 10 x worse. It's not for me.

Anyway, enough of my soapbox...............

It's a pretty supportive place around here. I'm sure you'll find lots of support.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.