Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you guys ever have dreams about people online finding out your real name?

This is maybe the second or third time I had a dream about someone in a chat knowing my real name or full name. Does this ever happen to anyone else?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    There's millions of other Kyles, I don't really care myself. I'm pretty open about my troubles if someone in real life wants to know.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I couldn't care less what people know. 99.99% of people dun care bout such things anyway.
    I wouldn't be paranoid about what people know. I'm an open book,and there is no person in this world I fear or who could hurt me. (well within the law anyway, it's not likely anyone would otherwise ether as I've done nothing and I stay outta trouble n' know what to keep away from.)

A problem with the world is they still use terms like "Real Life" as if people online are just computers themselves or something. They just as real as anything else. The concept is still new tho; next generation it'll be different prolly like all the other times.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Some people on here know what my real name is, some people don't.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am a little nervous about someone in my life somehow finding this site and then somehow recognizing me by the details of what I post. I would for sure be uneasy about, say, my supervisor knowing this much about my mental health. On another note, it would mean confrontation if someone from my family or my fiancé's family saw some of my posts. Those are the reasons I (sort of) try to stay on the dl as far as real names / identifying details. Not too likely but you never know.

It wouldn't mean so much if someone here found out my identity. What would they do about it? Stalk me? Tell on me? I trust you's guys.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote QuietCalamity View Post
    I am a little nervous about someone in my life somehow finding this site and then somehow recognizing me by the details of what I post. I would for sure be uneasy about, say, my supervisor knowing this much about my mental health. On another note, it would mean confrontation if someone from my family or my fiancé's family saw some of my posts. Those are the reasons I (sort of) try to stay on the dl as far as real names / identifying details. Not too likely but you never know.

It wouldn't mean so much if someone here found out my identity. What would they do about it? Stalk me? Tell on me? I trust you's guys.
    Ditto, I'm more concerned about someone IRL knowing the gory details of my mental health. Though, I'm sure it would clear some things up for them!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also worry about people I know in my life finding out what I post. Some people on here seem to be so open. It's hard to believe that they have any anxiety at all. I think true anonymity comes with life in the big city. I live in an area where if my name is mentioned, people know who I am, who my parents are who my Grandparents were and any crazy things they might have done. This can be very good and or very bad depending. I know some "names" and sometimes when my children say a last name of a classmate or friend, alarm bells go off in my head, remembering their relative for whatever misdeed.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I gained a stupid stalker years ago when I gave out my email to her. Then I mistakenly sent her back an email from work and then she thought she had power with it. Turns out she was just a frumpy housewife who had delusions of being like the demon queen or something. It was very annoying. So there are some things I will withhold online. But when I get to know people and find I can trust them, I have no problem with giving them my real name or email. I've even met several online friends in person (from another site). It's kinda cool to be able to finally meet the people you talk with for years.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    I gained a stupid stalker years ago when I gave out my email to her. Then I mistakenly sent her back an email from work and then she thought she had power with it. Turns out she was just a frumpy housewife who had delusions of being like the demon queen or something. It was very annoying. So there are some things I will withhold online. But when I get to know people and find I can trust them, I have no problem with giving them my real name or email. I've even met several online friends in person (from another site). It's kinda cool to be able to finally meet the people you talk with for years.
    I would actually like to meet some of the people I've talked to online, but I would prefer to keep the real world and the online world completely separate. It would sound pretty weird if I asked the person I met to keep my identity and my details a secret from everyone on here after we both met from AS.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Never. Have not been able to recall a dream for a long time.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    No fears here. I'm pretty open about most things too. Although I don't want this site to come up in a Google search of my name, I have no reason to hide it from anyone on AS or any other support forum.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote sanspants View Post
    No fears here. I'm pretty open about most things too. Although I don't want this site to come up in a Google search of my name, I have no reason to hide it from anyone on AS or any other support forum.
    They wouldn't find anything but the pants you left behind

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    They wouldn't find anything but the pants you left behind
    I hate that. My pants are all over the internets

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote sanspants View Post
    I hate that. My pants are all over the internets
    Slacks, sweatpants, jeans, pajamas

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    Slacks, sweatpants, jeans, pajamas
    All the pants. Everywhurrr! Some people leave trails of breadcrumbs so they don't get lost. I leave khakis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.