Thread: Crippled

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Crippled

Hi.
    I suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder, which can get quite sever in a lot of instances...crippling in fact.
    I haven't been able to keep down a job for two years (though am now thinking of looking again) and hate with a passion any social situation, whether it's family, friends or utterly new people. I have tried to concur it, however slowly by joining a Creative Writing course (which I joined over a year ago and finished a few months ago - though we have been continuing to meet up every fortnight since).
    There was a SAD meet up in my town recently which I went to but it didn't help and just made me feel worse. However, I am A LOT better than I was even as recently as the beginning of this year, so I hope from here on out, the only way is up with my confidence. (:
    I just really wanted to share my personal struggles with my...shall we say, 'demons' and to be able to freely admit all this, which is what I have accomplished by writing this thread.
    I hope one day, my lifetime struggle battling my nerves and insecurities will finally be gone, so I can live my life, free from the overbearing heavy presence of Social Anxiety Disorder.

Harriet.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yah the only way is up if you have a positive outlook! I encourage ya to keep workin' on yer confidence as that's a huge thing relative to SA.
    I know its sorta cliche to say, but if you truly believe in yerself and are determined to not give up until you achieve what you set out to accomplish , ya can't go wrong! I wish you best of luck with it! = ]

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good for you for doing the writing course and SAD meetup! It's always encouraging to hear someone admit they are struggling but still have optimism! I used to feel so anxious and depressed that I hardly ever left the house, but finishing school and getting a job has done wonders to force me out of my shell. It's still pretty difficult some days, but it is gradually getting easier.

Thanks for sharing and good luck, Harriet!

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote hmj93 View Post
    Hi.
    I suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder, which can get quite sever in a lot of instances...crippling in fact.
    I haven't been able to keep down a job for two years (though am now thinking of looking again) and hate with a passion any social situation, whether it's family, friends or utterly new people. I have tried to concur it, however slowly by joining a Creative Writing course (which I joined over a year ago and finished a few months ago - though we have been continuing to meet up every fortnight since).
    There was a SAD meet up in my town recently which I went to but it didn't help and just made me feel worse. However, I am A LOT better than I was even as recently as the beginning of this year, so I hope from here on out, the only way is up with my confidence. (:
    I just really wanted to share my personal struggles with my...shall we say, 'demons' and to be able to freely admit all this, which is what I have accomplished by writing this thread.
    I hope one day, my lifetime struggle battling my nerves and insecurities will finally be gone, so I can live my life, free from the overbearing heavy presence of Social Anxiety Disorder.

Harriet.
    Hi Harriet and welcome again to the forum. Don't give up, ok? Keep talking to others. People are pretty supportive here and will listen. A lot of us have been there and was able to accomplish some changes. That Creative Writing course sounds like a great way to get out some of your thoughts and feelings. Are you able to write some stuff out? Do you feel it helps ease some of the intense feelings?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.