Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ConfusedConfused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should I see a psychologist?

I have regular anxiety attacks during school, about two times per week, and I feel that it is starting to affect my grades. My anxiety attacks last anywhere from 20 minutes to about 45 minutes. When the anxiety attacks happen, all of the words spoken around me are empty. Almost as if they are spoken in a different language, if that makes any sense. That being the case, there are big holes in the information I actually process during lectures and notes. I am a straight A student and have been getting Bs and Cs. I don't know how common it is for somebody to have anxiety attacks, but I feel that this has gotten to a point where I may need help from a medical professional. Please tell me if I should see somebody, as I don't want to waste my money for it to be for nothing.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    My rule for myself is if something is causing me problems or stress, then it's time to get that fixed. That's why I go to therapy. So maybe if things things are causing you problems at school, you may want to get the cause checked out.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i get what you mean with the words i've tried to explain it to my boyfriend and its really tricky i've just left it as its muffled haha yours sounds better though

if anything is affecting your life which you've pointed out it is (your grades) then something needs to be done especially if it is something as important as your grades, most uni's, high school and college offer some kind of counselling that can do a good deal for some people. racking your brain about the triggers can help as well so you go in with an idea of what the cause was. when i went to my college one it helped that i knew my triggers since i only had 14 sessions available to myself so the councillor could see as many teens as possible.

as a solution to your problem ask your tutor if he or she would be okay with you videoing or recording the lessons, if they ask just say your struggling to keep up with the notes if you dont want to explain the anxiety things

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.