Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nightmares involving self-defense

Has anyone ever had dreams like this? I had one last night where I had someone chasing me and it didn't end well. I was just fine in my dream but other people in my dream weren't.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote toaster little View Post
    Has anyone ever had dreams like this? I had one last night where I had someone chasing me and it didn't end well. I was just fine in my dream but other people in my dream weren't.
    All the time. I always win the various fights / battles in my dreams, but I wish I didn't have them at all. Dreams about someone chasing you mean fear of the future. Which describes me pretty well lol.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    try not take it to heart... remember you can sometimes change the ending by imagining how you want it to end.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have these a lot. When I do, I tend to physically defend myself (in real life) while dreaming - which has lead to me punching my boyfriend in the face and kicking my concrete wall. Luckily I'm not strong enough to hurt anyone else, or break my toe on the wall.

If the danger is supernatural, I've started inserting the Winchesters (from the show Supernatural) in to defend me. This is much better, in my opinion, but I don't know how to do that for other dreams - I wish I did.

I sometimes have some awareness that I'm dreaming or that it's not right (like being at my parent's place in a different state, but knowing its the middle of the semester and I shouldn't be there), but I have very little control. Sometimes I really want to wake up and keep trying, but it spirals into loops of thinking I've woken up, but it's still not right - over and over, or it just doesn't work and I get anxious stuck in the dream.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.