Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Who does dream interpretations around here?

Does anybody know anything about dream interpretations?

I had this dream that made no sense and it's bugging me that I can't figure out what it means.
    What do you think it means that I have to take a plane and a train came to pick me up to take me to the airport. But then I realized it was too late to catch the flight, because I procrastinated and didn't want to. Then I had to figure out how to make the train go away. It just insisted on waiting there.

Anybody else have dreams they want to share?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like this site when I have a strange dream.
    http://m.dreammoods.com/?url=http%3A...ionary%2F#2797

Under train it says:

To see a train in your dream represents conformity. You are just going along with what everyone else is doing. Alternatively, a train means that you are very methodical. You need to lay things out specifically and do things in an orderly and sequential manner. In particular, if you see a freight train, then it refers to the burdens and problems that you are hauling around . It is also symbolic of manual labor. If you see a passenger train, then it relates to mental work. I f you see or play with a model train in your dream, then it indicates that you want more control and power over your own life and where it is headed. Dreaming of trains may also be a metaphor that you are "in training" for some event, job or goal. According to Freud, a train is analogous to the male penis.

To dream that you are on a train symbolizes your life's journey. It suggests that you are on the right track in life and headed in the right direction. Alternatively, the dream means that you have a tendency to worry needlessly over a situation that will work out in the end.

To dream that you miss a train denotes missed opportunities. It also suggests that you are ill-prepared for a new phase in your life. You may be procrastinating or putting things off that should have already been completed.

To dream about the train on a dress signifies your legacy and what you want to be remembered for. The length of the train symbolizes your importance to those around you.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And under travel:
    Traveling

To dream that you are traveling represents the path toward your life goals. It also parallels your daily routine and how you are progressing along. Alternatively, traveling signifies a desire to escape from your daily burdens. You are looking for a change in scenery, where no one has any expectations of you. Perhaps it is time to make a fresh start. If your travels come to an end, then it symbolizes successful completion of your goals.

To dream that you are traveling in a car filled with people signifies new friends and exciting adventures.

Of corse I think it matters more what the symbols in our dreams mean to us in our experience.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -- Maya Angelou

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Thanks Cal. Yeah what kept throwing me off of the meaning of the symbol was that it was only a train engine and it was only there to bring me to the airport. What stuck out though was even when I decided I was too late to catch the plane (due to procrastination), I couldn't convince the train engine to go away. It was like the engine was a person and it wouldn't take no for an answer.

I've never had a dream like that. I guess that's why it was disturbing.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    Thanks Cal. Yeah what kept throwing me off of the meaning of the symbol was that it was only a train engine and it was only there to bring me to the airport. What stuck out though was even when I decided I was too late to catch the plane (due to procrastination), I couldn't convince the train engine to go away. It was like the engine was a person and it wouldn't take no for an answer.

I've never had a dream like that. I guess that's why it was disturbing.
    I love analyzing things. I feel like if a dream sticks with you like that, maybe your subconscious really is trying to tell you something. Is there some kind of urge or desire that you feel like it’s “too late” for? Maybe you have a subconscious feeling that won’t go away even though you don’t plan on acting on it. Or maybe there is a change you know you need to make but don’t want to?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote QuietCalamity View Post
    I love analyzing things. I feel like if a dream sticks with you like that, maybe your subconscious really is trying to tell you something. Is there some kind of urge or desire that you feel like it’s “too late” for? Maybe you have a subconscious feeling that won’t go away even though you don’t plan on acting on it. Or maybe there is a change you know you need to make but don’t want to?
    I think you're right. I have several things I've been putting off because I just don't want to deal with them. Maybe the train is telling me that it's not going to go away even if I procrastinate in dealing with these issues. I mean, who can move a train if the train doesn't want to be moved, right?

You're a genius!

I think you should be our resident dream analyzer around here, like Sagan is our Science Guy. Maybe we should encourage people to put their dreams on this thread for some analysis.

I wasn't sure where to put this topic, so Jerry, if you think it belongs somewhere else, just do your magic and move it. Maybe it needs to be in fun and games? Not sure.

Anyway, thanks Cal! It's actually been bugging me and I really think you solved what it meant.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    NerdyNerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think you should be our resident dream analyzer around here, like Sagan is our Science Guy. Maybe we should encourage people to put their dreams on this thread for some analysis.
    I would love to give it a try!

Anyway, thanks Cal! It's actually been bugging me and I really think you solved what it meant.
    Glad I could help!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.