Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Best Way To Successfully Start A Medication

A huge thing that I have been recommended to do my anyone who has provided me treatment for my anxiety has suggested an SSRI but I'm always too afraid to take one because of the side effects (nausea, headaches, etc). Does anyone have advice for successfully starting a treatment plan? I am living in my own personal hell mentally and need help desperately.

Celexa is the medication that my psych wants me to start. 10 mg once daily but only take a half a pill for the first 10 days. Has anyone ever tried this before? Was it successful. I was recommended Celexa because of my issues with chronic nausea and the doctor told me it is her favorite medication for patients with GI issues. I am also on Xanax .5 mg up to 3x/day as needed but usually only take 1 a day or half of one a day.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Hey sweety,

I am not on any antidepressants at the moment but a few years ago I was taking escitalopram (a close friend to the one that was suggested to you) for my depression and anxiety. When I first started I did have some mild side effects such as execs yawning (that was a strange one), headache, loss of concentration, some dizziness - but I have to say it was hard to tell if this was side effects, my depression or a result of the stress I was under at the time. I agreed to take them when I really hit rock bottom. They did pass though after a few days/week the yawning went away as did the headaches and random dizziness (I have low blood pressure so I know when I should feel dizzy)

I would remember a few things with starting an antidepressant: it is only an aid; it will not change your life without you helping your life too. They take at least two weeks to kick in and start working. It can be a scary thing to start but you are not weak for going that path. It can take a few trials to find the one that suits you.

Pm me if you want to talk some more
    L.x
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply. I do attend therapy weekly and have been trying to kick myself in the butt as much as possible to work through my anxiety but everyone I've been working with (therapists, doctors, etc) have all agreed that medication will be a helpful tool to add to my treatment as I am "in too deep" to dig myself out of the hole I've gotten myself into mentally. I just don't want to deal with side effects because I have a phobia of vomiting so I don't want to make myself feel worse than I usually do on a daily basis.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Eh I think my mother might take Celexa and I think she likes it.

back in the day I did prozac and paxil and zoloft and effexor and welburtin and sedatives etc.

maybe the medications are getting better these days, I never had terrible side effects from any of then except I think paxil or zoloft did make me act strange, I think I flipped out and screamed at someone and it was kind of weird, one of the meds really did give me bizarre mood swings and I quit it. The welbutrin I got really really REALLY depressed when I quit taking it. Going off of the pills can be problematic sometimes. Sadly doctors usually do a trial and error process to "figure out what works you" and they will probably use that exact phrase too.

now I dont take anything just coffee and beer

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.