Thread: Meaning of Life

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Meaning of Life

68eb833f21ef1124576bed5001632038.jpg

What do you guys think? What meaning do you give to your own life? Thoughts?
    I'll share mine when I am less sleepy
    life---> <---me

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Given that I see myself as what I would describe as an agnostic existentialist, I agree with the statement. Although, I haven't figured out what the meaning of my life is yet...which poses some problems, to say the least.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with this. We as people ascribe the meaning to existence. Year after year of history and generations upon generations of ancestors created the world and culture in which we now live. Yet, we still have our individual ideas and thoughts intact.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I think the meaning of life is to improve humanity as a whole. I see each one of us as a cog in a giant wheel, heading toward some grand humanity goal. We need each other to learn to bounce off ideas (good and bad).

So I think the meaning is to be part of whatever a higher power has us doing. I also think that the purpose is good because I see so much joy in helping a child learn to read, helping a parent, or helping a lost, hurting soul.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree that we're the ones that give meaning to life.
    I want my life to be meaningful so I'm gonna give my best shots.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I think it is important to bring meaning to our own lives and I believe that there are different levels of meaning. When I was younger I though I would never find something in my life that I could create into a career that I would love doing and bring into my daily life. Now I work with people who outside of their control have mental, physical and social needs in their lives and I love being part of this. I find that my purpose is to help others, I was given the patience and awareness to do so.
    life---> <---me

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.