Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My social anxiety is leaving me jobless

I have SAD, due to which I am not able to attend job interviews, neither am I able to commute to the interview location.

panda's Avatar Member
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have you tried seeking therapy? Maybe it would help with your confidence if you knew that you're slowly getting the help you need.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have been taking Cognitive Behavioural Therapy(CBT) for more than three years with only a marginal improvement. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this to discourage people from seeking therapy, but saying that my inconsistency and lack of willpower stands in the way.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    many people feel this way, I know i do and most people who have experienced social rejection or long term unemployment understand the feeling... i left jobs in a huff over being sexually harassed and bullied or just got sick of them - one i left after a bat peed on me but I had a huge crush on this german guy called Fabian... so i left anyway and didn't care a stuff what people thought... why care... there is more to life then the job you do. heaps of people work but don't get paid... i have been a unpaid nanny many times... unpaid vet nurse nursing my cat back to health after surgery etc, unpaid house maid, unpaid secretary taking message and appt for people etc... i used to joke and say my mum was my receptionist when i was at university.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Practice the interview, have 'question and answer' with someone.
    Try to go to the location even just once, you could feeling of satisfaction that you did it.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.