Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ConfusedConfused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I keep cancelling plans..

My friends are generally quite social people and I think i'd be lying if I said that sometimes I'm not a little jealous of how easily they can just talk to people or go out on the weekend and make all these cool memories that everyone talks about being the 'highlights of my teen years'. And the thing is, they ask me out with them quite a lot and I really, honestly plan to go out with them, but almost always I end up making excuses in favour of sitting in my room, being sad about the fact that i have no plans.. I'm just starting to think that they'll stop eventually stop inviting me to things and they'll start to think that i'm only fun at school where i can crack the odd joke and occasionally run off if things are overwhelming... I feel really bad every time i cancel because the few times i have been out with them have been so fun, but most of the time I seem to just let my anxiety get the better of me?

So, my question is, do any of you guys do this and maybe, do you have a way of dealing with it? ~ thank you! *^-^*

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sometimes It isn't so bad if you just go where invited and once you start getting overwhelmed make an early exit plan. My husband tends to love to stay at an event until they are shoving you out the door. I like to make my appearance and then after an hour or two leave. Just let whoever you are with know before hand that you may have to make an early exit. I know this strategy doesn't work with every situation.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote GhoulKid View Post
    My friends are generally quite social people and I think i'd be lying if I said that sometimes I'm not a little jealous of how easily they can just talk to people or go out on the weekend and make all these cool memories that everyone talks about being the 'highlights of my teen years'. And the thing is, they ask me out with them quite a lot and I really, honestly plan to go out with them, but almost always I end up making excuses in favour of sitting in my room, being sad about the fact that i have no plans.. I'm just starting to think that they'll stop eventually stop inviting me to things and they'll start to think that i'm only fun at school where i can crack the odd joke and occasionally run off if things are overwhelming... I feel really bad every time i cancel because the few times i have been out with them have been so fun, but most of the time I seem to just let my anxiety get the better of me?

So, my question is, do any of you guys do this and maybe, do you have a way of dealing with it? ~ thank you! *^-^*
    I have a tendency to do this also. And yes, my co-workers have pretty much given up on me. But to be honest, I would rather not go out with them and go out with the one or two people who are truly my friend. I prefer just one on one going out experiences over going with "the group." When there's too many people, you just exist side by side and can't really get to know the person. Does that make sense?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote GhoulKid View Post

I do this too, but not always because my friends won't let me make excuses and they're gonna find ways to convince me go with them. But just like merc said, you could leave if you start getting overwhelmed, but just enjoy every second with your friends so you won't regret going with them.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.