Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fear of opposite sex

I am afraid of girls(opposite sex) so much that I cross roads sometimes to avoid them. My feeling is that girls in India (where I live) are paranoid about boys/men. As for having conversations, I only answer them or have formal conversations, even there I stutter a lot and mostly avoid eye contact.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm wondering if some of that might be the norm for where you live. I grew up where boys and girls were not treated equally and so I did not feel I could speak with a male unless addressed.

If it's ok for people in your area to speak to the opposite sex though, maybe practice with female relatives. Do you have any cousins or sisters that make you feel more comfortable?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am comfortable only with my elder sister and she is in the USA

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I understand i am that way to due to sexual assaults, i think all you can do is be yourself around others and do something you enjoy or are good at and if anything in conversation ask people about themselves, ask them lots of questions if you feel socially uncomfortable cuz people love talking about themselves with others and probably those that don't get out that much would love you to have the focus on them rather then you!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Try to boost your self-esteem a bit more. Practice having conversations by starting with "hi", "what's up?", "how are you doing?", and ask more questions and state how you feel.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.